Light-O-Rama Forums

How many C6's on a single channel?

screensaver

For what the majority of home owners do with C6 LED's the practical answer would be "No limit."

However, you have to keep in mind the electrical load of the controller. Each channel can handle a maximum of 8 amps, while each side can handle a maximum of 15 amps. (On a CTB16PC or LOR1602 controller.)

So if your string of LED is .04amps, you could comfortably put 300 on each side of the controller.

Don wrote:

For what the majority of home owners do with C6 LED's the practical answer would be "No limit."

However, you have to keep in mind the electrical load of the controller. Each channel can handle a maximum of 8 amps, while each side can handle a maximum of 15 amps. (On a CTB16PC or LOR1602 controller.)

So if your string of LED is .04amps, you could comfortably put 300 on each side of the controller.

Thanks for the quick reply. Next year I want to put a small tree inside my mega. To get the desired effect I'm going to need a lot of lights. I have seven spare channels but of course I want to keep at least a couple spare after that.

Are you using LED or incandescent?

You won't be able to use nearly as many incandescent C6 lights as you can LED lights. I'm not 100% sure, but I think most incandescent C6 lights use about 5 watts each. This is where Ohms law can help.

You might want to consider getting a Kill-O-Watt. I've seen them for about $20.00 at Home Depot.

Jerry

Guest wbottomley

LORisAwesome wrote:

Are you using LED or incandescent? 

You won't be able to use nearly as many incandescent C6 lights as you can LED lights.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think most incandescent C6 lights use about 5 watts each.  This is where Ohms law can help.

You might want to consider getting a Kill-O-Watt.  I've seen them for about $20.00 at Home Depot.

Jerry

I might be wrong... but I've never seen C6 incandescent Christmas lights. Those are usually LED's.