Light-O-Rama Forums

First Light Show

Lincoln Lights

New to the game, and I thought I would link my first light show.... Actually, this is the secons song I sequenced. Part 1 is also on you tube.

I would enjoy any constuctive critisism other than on my spelling. I am going to do a St. Patty day show. I am currently working on a 16 channel controller, and I hope to build up my skills and inventory for a 64 channel christmas show.

Some key question I have now are the following:

1: Should I invest the extra money for LED's

2: If so, if I was able to do this first light show with little trouble, would the RGB led's be a feasible choice to move into.

3: Does any one have any suggestions on adding lasers, and how well do they integrate with LOR?

I am working with a total budget of 4 to 5 k for the year, but in the near future I am working with a budget of 1k.

4. Light roping???? Good replacement or a good compliment?

Thanks

Sean

Nice job! I know my wife would give me brownie points for using "time of my life" on mine... I think you have done an excellent job for just starting up! Both songs are perfect for the occasion!
Well as far as adding ropelights.. I wouldn't add too much more to the display, unless you want brighter..Meaning LED Bright whites.. All in all I think you have a good display for Valentines!
If you added more that means more to take down on a short notice!
Awesome work though Sean!

Thanks for the input/// I was referring to future displays... I would like to do a 4 to 5 song sequence for st pattys day and a 32 channel display for the 4th of july. By halloween, I would like to be up to the 64 channels.

Then in that case....
Go BIG or Go home.. Don't get me started on budgets. HAHAA
I think you will do fine in the future! As far as RGB/DMX in some cases it can be cheaper than buying a ton of LED and or controllers.. Depending on the areas used to light up.

Nice start to your lights! Puts my V-day lights to shame, I didn't do music.
Ribbon whether RGB or single color will be more dependable than rope light if properly cared for. Shaping rope light to make hearts was a bit fustrating for me.

Troy Mann wrote:

If you have 4-5K then invest in the CCRs, those would make you the talk of the town

+1