Light-O-Rama Forums

Standalone Input question

maverick34

I'm a still a newbie to lighting and stuff, so if you could please help, I'd appreciate it.
I have a DC-MP3 and iDMX1000. What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a single button input, and the show director will select a song that hasn't played before- or play the next song in the list of sequences. But I don't want the director to keep on going to the next song, I want it to stop after each song. When I read the manual for the DC-MP3, the only options are "Loop through showlist continuously","Play through showlist one time", and "Play show once per hour or half hour." Would it be possible to do this? I'm kinda lost.

Also, would the input connect to the input pins on the show director, or is there a button which has the "Ethernet cable"(for lack of a better term) to connect to the director which would count as an input device?

Thank you LOR community!!

Programming for the MP3 director is done via the Hardware Utility.

When you setup a show for use with the MP3 director, you want to choose "Plays when triggered" You can choose up to six different triggers to start the show. Each trigger would be a different button.

What you won't be able to do is have one button start a 'random' song. You could have six triggers starting 6 different songs, though. If you only want it to play once, then you would only have that song in the triggered show. (Be sure to choose "Play through Showlist one time only, otherwise it will repeat over and over)

The triggers will connect to the DC-MP3. You will need this item from the LOR Store.

http://store.lightorama.com/mp3dicohe.html

Okay that's what I was pretty much thinking of doing, but thought there could be another way to do it. Thank you, you've helped a lot.