Light-O-Rama Forums

FINALLY!

testraub

Well, Since falling off the roof didn't kill me, and I got everything installed for the show, I FINALLY got all the lights out of the front yard! I still have a few cords to go, but the hardest part is DONE! Found out I damaged some temdons in the fall, am working on those now. Of course now it's on to repair, and storing the stuff. Still have one set of net lights driving me nuts, but that the worst of it....So far. :D

Tom Straub

testraub wrote:

Still have one set of net lights driving me nuts, but that the worst of it...

Try throwing them off the roof...

Like casting a fishing net? I could see how that would make it open up. Does anyone with net lights have a good way of storing them? I am thinking when I use a few next year, that I would get a good heavy cardboard core like you would find inside of rolled carpet. Thinking of attaching the short side to the core and rolling the net lights on.

Seems no matter how I store "net lights", they always manage to be the biggest pain to get spread out when time to use them. Don't know why I bought them in the first place, they are more trouble than they are worth!

I'm not even going to pull them out of storage for 2012 and may just get rid of the buggers!

I have had all the lights down and put away for several weeks now. But today I walked over to the corner of my house for something, and found four extension cords laying on the ground. They ran from a controller to the lights on the eaves. I guess my son just threw them there when he took the lights off the eaves. I hope I have everything now!

I found the long lost zip tie. I dropped it in the snow during setup. It was number 1,236. I missed it greatly, and was deeply saddened by it's disappearance.
Finding it at last, brought it and me great joy.
I look forward to using it next year.
Thanks for sharing in my lovely story.

SteveMaris wrote:

I found the long lost zip tie. I dropped it in the snow during setup. It was number 1,236. I missed it greatly, and was deeply saddened by it's disappearance.

Have you named it? Does it have UV damage?

SteveMaris wrote:

Oh you lost zip tie 1,236

How about losing ground steak #243 or roof clip #125 or worst yet mini light bulb #4,753B

and I have yet to find them:)

Orville wrote:

Seems no matter how I store "net lights", they always manage to be the biggest pain to get spread out when time to use them. Don't know why I bought them in the first place, they are more trouble than they are worth!

I'm not even going to pull them out of storage for 2012 and may just get rid of the buggers!

I fold mine like pillow cases and put them in ziplock bags (tight squeeze, but it works).

I lay my nets lights on the floor, fold them over once, and then roll them up and lay them in one of my plastic bins. Keeps them nice and neat and they don't get tangled up when we remove them and put them out again.

Max-Paul wrote:

How do you fold a pillow case? My wife does that, and I am not familiar with this task.

You can reverse-engineer this.

Take a pre-folded pillow case.
Orient it on flat surface.
Note directions on index cards (North, South, East, West)
Unfold the first fold and take notes if it was North/South fold or an East/West fold.
Continue in this manner until the pillow case is completely unfolded.
Taking photos or a video of each step may be helpful.

Note: you may need to alter the folds so that the final size of the net-lights is the same size as the zip-lock.

Alternately, you can sub-contract the work to the person in your household that folds the pillow cases.

:P

eurbani wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
How do you fold a pillow case? My wife does that, and I am not familiar with this task.

You can reverse-engineer this.

Take a pre-folded pillow case.
Orient it on flat surface.
Note directions on index cards (North, South, East, West)
Unfold the first fold and take notes if it was North/South fold or an East/West fold.
Continue in this manner until the pillow case is completely unfolded.
Taking photos or a video of each step may be helpful.

Note: you may need to alter the folds so that the final size of the net-lights is the same size as the zip-lock.

Alternately, you can sub-contract the work to the person in your household that folds the pillow cases.

:)
Subcontracting to her is Usually WAY too expensive.
:)