Light-O-Rama Forums

Fencing / Barriers?

hdracer

I am looking to see what folks here have done to create a barrier between viewers & displays.. Any of you guys feel like sharing info or photos? Any help would be gladly appreciated...!!!

Thanks in advance

Johnny S.

Check my avatar and download my picture. You will see how I used net lights to form a barrier along the front of my property.

D.T.

Two different ways..

1) Wooden stakes every 4 feet, (about 18 inches tall) with garland strung between them, and candy canes cable tied to them.

2) a row of low, 1 or two section arches around the perimeter.

Great ideas klb.
The Problem I am having is I live on a corner of a busy street. Just dont need lil kids running amok in the lights tripping or possibly shocking themselves from equipment...
Or do I?:shock:

I used 1" conduit pipe cut so that when banged into the ground it is 3 feet high, I then use those none lighted candy canes that they sell at Walmart slid over the top with a hole drilled in them. Then I run rope light completely around the property where the lights are.

I made a candy cane fence out of coroplast. It's two foot tall and made in four foot sections. East to put up and easy to make. If I get to my pc at home I can get you some pictures.

Anthony

I made a candy cane fence out of coroplast. It's two foot tall and made in four foot sections. East to put up and easy to make. If I get to my pc at home I can get you some pictures.

Lookb n my avatar and you can see the fence.

Anthony

Johnny, I did the same thing as chad. Strung lights to make it look like a chain which it was just static. I just connected it to my tune to sign.

One time I saw someone with a flashlight in my yard. I ran out to see what was going on. it was a local cop, who wanted to know how it worked. I laughed and told him the chain was to keep people out. but I showed him how everything worked. He gave me a pba card for my time.

chadh wrote:

We made a simple fence out of poles that were made for electrical fences. They also have an adapter that we used to connect the lights. I will post a link to the adapter below.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/red-snap-r-rod-post-cap-insulator-yellow-pack-of-25-3600249

That's a great idea for a fence! I usually just use my natural yard fence, but I may decorate it this year to bring it more into the yard lights.

see my picture. 4" PVC post painted like candy canes with 15w bulb on top. 3/4" PVC for fencing. This wasn't cheap, but got alot of praise for it.

Wow great input here! If others don't mind sharing ,I'm pretty sure I can do a collaboration of a few ideas.
Thank you all so very much for helping a newbie! I honestly appreciate everyone's help!!!

This year I made Leaping Arches that stood a bout 3' tall all around the yard and placed a Blowmold Candy cane in between each one to look like a fence post.

I buy those black plastic electrical cattle posts. I stick them in the ground ever 6 ft and then I run LED icicle lights around the perimeter of the yard.

It has worked for me since going musical back in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XrmxfyXwNRE

If you live on a corner lot,as I do,you'll find zoning laws will prevent you from erecting any type of fencing.Therefore,I simply stake plastic candy canes every three feet and string C6 lights between.

Ralph you couldn'r be more right. The HOA in my neighborhood is usually dieing to write someone a ticket, Just like many police!
I am gaining tons of ideas for what I am needing to do.
Thanks all

Johnny

• Like 1

hdracer wrote:

Ralph you couldn'r be more right. The HOA in my neighborhood is usually dieing to write someone a ticket, Just like many police!
I am gaining tons of ideas for what I am needing to do.
Thanks all

Johnny

If it's a TEMPORARY fence, then the HOA can't say too much about it. Especially if strung with lights for the Holiday. That's how I get around the NO FENCE RULE in the front yard of where we're currently living. I didn't use it this year and went a different route {candy canes with Garland and lights strung between them}, but I use a method similar to Williams with a gray coloring and smaller openings than the type in his photo.

You can see what and how I used it at an apartment we lived in for a bit in 2011 that I set up to keep folks out of the Halloween display on Vimeo at this link:

http://vimeo.com/groups/109696

I strung alternating Orange and Purple LEDs along the top of the fencing, tied with zip ties to small metal eye hooks screwed into the top of the stakes holding the fence. The fencing from a distance just about disappears from view after dark. Up close is visible, but not all that detrmental to the display.