Light-O-Rama Forums

Family Force 5 - Radiator

Guest guest

I have been using this groups "Wake the Dead" in my Halloween Display since I started creating light shows with LOR in 2010. This song has always been a popular one.

I just came across this one recently called "Radiator" and it can be heard (with lyrics) here:

So what do you folks think? Would this be another great FF5 tune for sequencing for my Halloween 2012 show?

I think it's pretty cool, but somewhat undecided if it would fit as well as their "Wake the Dead" song.

So just want to know what others think of this particular song for a Halloween lighting display.

evan.a wrote:

never heard wake the dead song, guess I got to search it. radiator is interesting.

Here ya go Evan. Check it out:

It's a great tune for a Halloween Display. Sequenced it originally in 2010 for Halloween and tweaked it in 2011 for that years show. It'll get tweaked again for the 2012 Halloween display since I'm going to be adding in some new stuff this year.

Orville wrote:

BTW: a lot of folks don't know this, but Family Force 5 is a Christian group! Beleive it or not!

They sound to me more like a Wiccan group.

George Simmons wrote:

Orville wrote:
BTW: a lot of folks don't know this, but Family Force 5 is a Christian group! Beleive it or not!

No they DEFINITELY ARE NOT Wiccan!

From their own mouths during an interview:

[align=center]=============== SNIPPET FROM INTERVIEW ===============[/align]
8. People always argue about whether Family Force 5 is a “Christian” band; something interesting I read on the Internet came from Apprising Ministries in Connecticut. It criticises your music for promoting excess (i.e. dancing & partying) while masquerading under a “Christian” label. How much does Christianity factor in to your music, and what do you say to those who don’t listen to you purely because you’re too Christian (in the secular market) or not Christian enough (in the religious market)?

Thus far, the mainstream market has never rejected us for being too Christian. Most people likes good beats, fun shows, and catchy melodies, and they don’t seem to care who’s providing it to them. All of the flack we get comes from extremely conservative Christians.

Our faith is a massively important part of our lives; so consequently, it plays a big role in our music. Plenty of our lyrics refer to spiritual experiences, and ultimately, we hope to connect with our audiences in a way that spreads faith, hope, and love.

Many Christians have a pre-conceived, narrow view of how a “Christian band” should look, sound, dress, write, and sing. We don’t fit any of those stereotypes, so we’re not surprised by the fact that plenty of old-school Christians (who often host websites that trash DC Talk, POD, Switchfoot, Jars of Clay, etc.) aren’t supportive of what we do.

What matters to us is that people are experiencing the joy of Christ through our art, and sometimes, through our interactions together.

[align=center]=============== END SNIPPET FROM INTERVIEW =============== [/align]
You can read the entire interview here:

http://www.thirdmile.com/christiannews/Articles/tabid/297/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/38/INTERVIEW-FAMILY-FORCE-5-the-crunk-rock-band-from-the-year-3000.aspx

George Simmons wrote:

Orville wrote:

I'm glad Orv didn't think you were serious...:shock:

Orville wrote:

evan.a wrote:
never heard wake the dead song, guess I got to search it. radiator is interesting.

Here ya go Evan.  Check it out:

It's a great tune for a Halloween Display.  Sequenced it originally in 2010 for Halloween and tweaked it in 2011 for that years show.   It'll get tweaked again for the 2012 Halloween display since I'm going to be adding in some new stuff this year.

I've been wanting to sequence this song for a couple of years now, but I just haven't had the time to do it. But I am adding it this year since I'm redesigning my display and I'm going to have to resequence everything, why not add another song? I love this song though :(

At least you can understand the screaming voices compared to the crap my kids listen to. I can see these being used for Halloween, I think I would lose my sanity trying to sequence them though.

scubado wrote:

At least you can understand the screaming voices compared to the crap my kids listen to. I can see these being used for Halloween, I think I would lose my sanity trying to sequence them though.

I find this slightly funny because I'm not 18 yet (not far from it though), so I probably listen to whatever your kids listen to, as long as they don't listen to Justin Beiber, he's one I can't stand. ;)

jem5136 wrote:

Orville wrote:

It's a great tune for a Halloween Display. Sequenced it originally in 2010 for Halloween and tweaked it in 2011 for that years show. It'll get tweaked again for the 2012 Halloween display since I'm going to be adding in some new stuff this year.

I've been wanting to sequence this song for a couple of years now, but I just haven't had the time to do it. But I am adding it this year since I'm redesigning my display and I'm going to have to resequence everything, why not add another song? I love this song though ;)

Here's my sequence to give you somewhat of a starting place from my 2011 show, if you want to check it out or use it to create your own from. It's in S3 format, but didn't use groups, just tracks, so if you're still using S2 I think it may still load in S2.

It says 80 Channels, but I didn't use all 80.

Have fun.

Attached files 18 Wake the Dead.lms

BTW: the number 18 that is in front of the song name just shows where it was in the que. It would be the 18th song to play. I had 25 songs in my Halloween 2011 Display.

Just makes it easier for me to keep track of since I use an LOR DC-MP3 Showtime Director to run my shows.

DonFL wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Orville wrote:

I'm glad Orv didn't think you were serious...:shock:

Looked serious enough to me since there weren't any ;) :shock: ;) :cool: or :D at the end of the statement.

And since I also use "Wiccan" songs in my Halloween display, I know who the "Wiccan Artists" are!

scubado wrote:

It's NOT easy sequencing their music when listening to them over and over, it does get too you after a bit. It's why I work on theirs for a little while, and then go one to a different song and different holiday, like Christmas. Keeps you from losing your sanity.

Then again, I probably already lost mine anyway from all the Halloween songs I've done:P, 3-4 times more than the Christmas tunes!:shock:

Hmmm, maybe that's why some of my posts get misinterpretted!;):shock::cool:;)