Light-O-Rama Forums

AFTER SHOW LIGHT DISPLAY

slowandugly

slowandugly wrote:

After I turn off the synchronized light show, I turn these on. Do any of you guys do this?

I tried that, but people kept stopping and waiting for the show. They were disappointed if they came all the way out to see my show and then nothing! So now my show runs continuously from 5:30 to 10:00 or 11:00. When it's off, it's off.

bretk wrote:

Nice:D. Yes I run a slow fade sequence between and after the shows.

So do I. Mine fades across the yard and back. Never thought to take a video though.

bretk wrote:

Same here, after the show ends the lights do slow fades for an hour. Christmas and New Years Eve the slow fades run all night.

At the end of the season this year I also added a Night Lights sequence / show that runs all night. It's just a few lights so the display isn't dark and it might help prevent a wayward neighbor from running into a guy wire or something.

• 2 weeks later...

rwertz wrote:

bretk wrote:

Same here, after the show ends the lights do slow fades for an hour. Christmas and New Years Eve the slow fades run all night.

At the end of the season this year I also added a Night Lights sequence / show that runs all night. It's just a few lights so the display isn't dark and it might help prevent a wayward neighbor from running into a guy wire or something.

Reg, you will just have to quit passing out alcohol to your neighbors when they come over (to enjoy the display), and then they would be less wayward... :D:D

Greg Young wrote:

Reg, you will just have to quit passing out alcohol to your neighbors when they come over (to enjoy the display), and then they would be less wayward... :P:D

What fun is there in that? ;)

• 2 months later...

rwertz wrote:

bretk wrote:

I could see having a slow fade to provide ambient light to try to prevent possible vandalism. Going fast like the video however, seems like people might assume there should be audio with it and think its broken.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not done my first show yet...its coming but I was going to put up very short removable fencing on the front of the yard at the street to ward off anyone walking into the wires. I've only lived here two years so far and normally my static displays will run for 5 hours on timers then shut off. For this neighborhood, that seems appropriate.

• The topic was locked