Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Issues

Guest guest

I'm currently trying to run our show. When I test the lights with the hardware utility, they work just fine. However, the show will not work. I tried enabling shows and the LOR status screen says that the show is playing, but nothing is happening.

Any thoughts? I'm doing this on an old laptop, but we were able to get the show to go for the last couple of nights, but not tonight. Right now, I'm just running a static display until I can get this issue solved. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

tkhowse wrote:

I'm currently trying to run our show. When I test the lights with the hardware utility, they work just fine. However, the show will not work. I tried enabling shows and the LOR status screen says that the show is playing, but nothing is happening.

Any thoughts? I'm doing this on an old laptop, but we were able to get the show to go for the last couple of nights, but not tonight. Right now, I'm just running a static display until I can get this issue solved. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure your sequences are configured correctly. Did you configure the channels correctly?

Also, are you moving the sequences over to another machine? If so, make sure your relative path is still the same. Otherwise, the show computer will be looking in the wrong path for the audio.

Check your network preferences in LOR sequence editor to make certain the correct port is selected?
Make certain the Hardware utility is completely closed...
Trying to think of all possibilities for you!:?

I checked the channel configurations, and as far as I know, they are configured properly. When I open the hardware utility and check "Auto Configure", it says that the com port is Comm 5. Still, the shows will not work...

Just to be clear -- you checked the channel configuration on every sequence?

Sorry to be redundant, but this is the #1 cause of the problem you describe:

• Open one of your sequences
  • Click on a channel button
  • Select "Change Channel Settings"
  • Make sure device type is LOR controller, and unit and channel make sense.

Sounds like you did this, but just making sure.

Also, make sure you have all other LOR programs closed when running shows: This includes the sequence editor and the hardware utility (show and schedule editor are ok). Otherwise you'll have a port conflict...

-Tim

Make sure your sequences are configured correctly. Did you configure the channels correctly?

Also, are you moving the sequences over to another machine? If so, make sure your relative path is still the same. Otherwise, the show computer will be looking in the wrong path for the audio.

When I have problems with sequences moved from another machine, what Don describes is usually the fix.

1) Go into the sequence editor for each sequence, assign the controllers and channels correctly (or import the configuration).

2) Correctly link the music file to each sequence.

If the sequence is pointing somewhere that the music file is not found, it will not play, the control panel will just move on to the next sequence. If all are broken, you will see the symptoms you describe.

My best, Roger.

tkhowse wrote:

Thanks for all your help!

The issue was with the network preferences in the Sequence Editor. It was set to the wrong Com Port. The show is working just fine now.

YAY! I win!:waycool:
LOL!
Just teasing....

Glad to hear you got it going Timothy !
Terry