Light-O-Rama Forums

Candy Canes

ToddH

Melvin Stoddard wrote:

After Christmas last year[2010], Lowe's had their 5 ft. candy canes on sell for 5 dollars. I bought 20 of them, popped off the end cap, drilled a hole near the bottom, and put LED ropelight in them. These are 4 ft. tall with a foot of curl. The ropelight was 6 ft. lengths so there was a foot outside the cane that I wrap with duct tape. They look pretty good.

Those are the canes I was thinking about Melvin....they look pretty nice with lights in them

t purser wrote:

i just fill mine with hot boiling water bend to shape tie in place till cool no burn marks i use water that is about 240 degrees gotta be careful.also use a wooden mandrel as a form

Just wondering how you get water to 240 degrees, since it boils and turns to steam at 212 ???? Just saying..........

CKSedg wrote:

t purser wrote:
i just fill mine with hot boiling water bend to shape tie in place till cool no burn marks i use water that is about 240 degrees gotta be careful.also use a wooden mandrel as a form

Just wondering how you get water to 240 degrees, since it boils and turns to steam at 212 ???? Just saying..........
CKSedg, are you being a bully? :) We all knew he meant to say it was 140 degrees just a little slip of the pinky and ring finger. :);)

Max-Paul wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
t purser wrote:

CKSedg, are you being a bully? :( We all knew he meant to say it was 140 degrees just a little slip of the pinky and ring finger. ;);)

Nope, not trying to be a bully at all. I just wanted clarification on how hot it really needed to be. Sorry, but "we" didn't all know what he meant to say.