Light-O-Rama Forums

ebay

rooster423

has anyone bought RGB led lights from Ebay? the 5050 type is what i'm looking at ? are they of the same quality? are they as safe as what the otherrs are pre-selling? just curious still a newbie at all this

Explore the forum, there are quite a few threads on the same basic question. Several are experimenting with them right now and early reports are coming in. Most threads are in the DMX and decorating sections.

I ordered several different ones to try out. I received one last week and it has been running 24/7 since I got it with no problems. I received 3 more sets today and 2 of the 3 had problems right out of the box. I have three more ordered and should be getting them in the next couple of weeks.

Dan C wrote:

What kind of problems are you seeing? And which seller did these come from? Hope its not the ones I ordered.

Here's the ones I got for a inside project I finished tonight . I was able to fix them but what a pain..... I emailed them 4 days ago and just got the generic responce back tonight. So I left them negetive feedback. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. the led colors look different even in the same strip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400261074609?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649