Light-O-Rama Forums

Thunder Sounds

Scott Allen

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some sound clips of thunder for this year. Most of the ones that I've found so far have background sounds (rain, howling, etc.). Has anyone out there found some good "clean" clips, and if so where did you get them or can you share?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give.

Scott Allen wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some sound clips of thunder for this year. Most of the ones that I've found so far have background sounds (rain, howling, etc.). Has anyone out there found some good "clean" clips, and if so where did you get them or can you share?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give.

You may be able to find something here in my collection of Christmas and Halloween WAV sounds.

Some may have other sounds, but there are 1 or 2 in the Halloween folder that I think don't have any background noise. There are 1 or 2 I recorded myself directly during a thunderstorm, however, there may or may not be rain sounds in them.

Download anything you want or need, they can be found here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7d6d47dfa1c635ae&sc=documents&id=7D6D47DFA1C635AE%211922

GoofyGuy wrote:

Give us Floridians a month and we can get some clean ones for you. Its only a matter of time.

I just checked quite a few (not all) of the ones I posted, and most appear to be clean versions, including one of the ones I recorded. And I'm a Native Floridian myself, I don't recall us having as many thunderstorms last year, a few rainstorms, but not very many thunderstorms in 2011. At least not the usual ones that mostly show up around 3:30pm-5pm when most folks are getting off work and have to sprint out to their cars.

There are some really good thunder sounds on there. Just check them out.

Awesome, Thanks Orville! I'll check them out when I get home. The work 'puters are locked down pretty good so I can't even check them out here.

I definately know about how it is in Florida. I was born on Ft. Laud and lived there till 37. I miss it, but not that much :P.

Thanks again!

Orville wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:
Give us Floridians a month and we can get some clean ones for you. Its only a matter of time.

I just checked quite a few (not all) of the ones I posted, and most appear to be clean versions, including one of the ones I recorded. And I'm a Native Floridian myself, I don't recall us having as many thunderstorms last year, a few rainstorms, but not very many thunderstorms in 2011. At least not the usual ones that mostly show up around 3:30pm-5pm when most folks are getting off work and have to sprint out to their cars.

There are some really good thunder sounds on there. Just check them out.

Last year it was a slow year I'd bet this year wont be the same. We did have those 2 storms in 1 week that rolled through spawning tornados all over the place, well at least here with hail. I like the 4pm rain storms. Lots of lightning. The dealership I work at had 2 truck take direct hits. Totaled.

Interesting, I've had vehicles hit by lightning and never totalled them, so that's wild. Then again, those vehicles WERE OLDIES that DID NOT have all this computer crap in them like today. So, yea, I guess if a newer vehicle with all the computer stuff gets a direct hit, it's gonna total them. Since they can't operate without all that computer controlled garbage that has made vehicles less user friendly, in that sense I mean, you just can't fix them like you used to with a roll of duct tape and baling wire. LOL

But seriously, with all that computer garbage in their, you just can't repair your own vehicles like you could in the early 70's and prior. Now it almost takes a darn rocket scientist to figure out what's wrong and fix the problem.

Give me an OLDER vehicle any day, even if it was heavier and a gas hog!

As for the tornado spawners, I remember those, but we got very little to no hail in my area, mostly just those 60-70+mph wind gusts that blew things over or off.