Light-O-Rama Forums

Protecting the controller

radiotech

Hi,

I am new to Light-O-Rama and am still waiting for my first controller to arrive but that has not stopped me from starting designing with the software. I have two questions that I hope I can get some info on. One is, how do you protect your boxes from theft? My neighborhood is pretty good, I haven't had anyone try to steal so much as a single bulb for years, but a controller is a large investment. I did a search on the forums and only found one answer about aircraft cable. My box will be controlling lights on junipers and to keep extension cords to a minimum my first thought is to sink a piece of uni-strut in concrete under the junipers and attach the box that way. I don't even have the box yet so I don't know if this is an option or not. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions/practical experience with this?

Second question. Can the LOR software be run on two computers with the same key? I want to use both a laptop and a desktop.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

Thank you!

Funny how my searches on any forum never seem to turn up what I want. Forum search engines need to use better 'fuzzy logic' that more closely matches my fuzzy brain.

Thanks again!

Guest wbottomley

radiotech wrote:

Thank you!

Funny how my searches on any forum never seem to turn up what I want. Forum search engines need to use better 'fuzzy logic' that more closely matches my fuzzy brain.

Thanks again!

To search a forum use this on Google:
site:forums.lightorama.com then topic

wbottomley wrote:

Is there anything you don't know........?

Guest wbottomley

geronc wrote:

wbottomley wrote:

Is there anything you don't know........?

Yep.

How to pick a bald headed man up by the hair of his head.:P