Light-O-Rama Forums

When I arrived home, the sound was making a loud screamy noise

Guest guest

Hi, yesterday the show function has been observed and monitorized, everything was OK, today I left the schedule working etc... Tonight I came home and everything was OFF, and the guy that opens the door of the place where I live, told us that he had to turn the switch of our house OFF because the speakers were making a loud noise like whistling and neighbors were angry... so that´s why everything was OFF... I want to believe that.

BUT now... the question is... why this noise was happening?? I can´t explain myself that... please if u can help me... I don´t want this to happen again.;)

Thanks!

Polita:happytree:

Nop, no FM transmissor, I have my amplifier plugged directly to my computer by an RCA cable.

I was thinking that maybe the LOR card turned OFF because of some kind of... hibernating function?... could this be possible with LOR? that passing a certain time of inactivity it turns off?, so if it turned off, it lost connection with the PC and shows were unable to be played...?

help meeee hehehe

thanks!!

Polita:happytree:

Not sure what you mean by LOR card turning off? I keep my PC on all the time. Te 16 port cards are always turned on.

I would check the last song in your sequence. Or the last event that LOR does before your show ends.

MAybe youve got something loaded in the show editor.

Try running a test show. Change the time to stop, and see what happens.

Not the audio cable, the power cable, have you moved it? Also if you have a microphone on the amp you might want it turned off. The controllers do not go into standby, they will always be ready. Also, your amp could be bad. One of our churches amps went bad a few months ago, it had a mid-high-range awfull loud sounding tone.

--Daniel L

OK, I just went thru a similar issue today.....Funny

I go out to the garage where the PC is and heard a loud hissing/static noise.

Turns out, I forgot to turn off the little radio I have in there so I can make sure the transmission is working. I forgot to turn off the radio last night.

IF you are using some type of radio during your display, turn it off.

politadiaz wrote:

Nop, no FM transmissor, I have my amplifier plugged directly to my computer by an RCA cable.

Are you sure your computer audio output is an RCA jack?
Most computer sound cards that I have seen use a 1/8" stereo plug.
Do you have an adapter to change from 1/8" plug to RCA jacks?
Is it possible you don't have the audio cable grounds making contact?
That could cause a hum or loud noise if the grounds aren't connected properly.

Griswold wrote:

politadiaz wrote:

Are you sure your computer audio output is an RCA jack?
Most computer sound cards that I have seen use a 1/8" stereo plug.
Do you have an adapter to change from 1/8" plug to RCA jacks?
Is it possible you don't have the audio cable grounds making contact?
That could cause a hum or loud noise if the grounds aren't connected properly.

yeah...

connection to the PC--->stereo plug

connection to the amplifier--->RCA

my wire has a RCA connection in one edge and stereo plug in the other one...:}.

I´ve already found the fail... the amplifier has something wrong inside... like a transistor or something that make sit send a wrong signal to the speakers... it´s an old old amplifier... hehhe

THANKS TO ALL!!