Light-O-Rama Forums

Popcorn.......

dongod

Jack Mair wrote:

I got this last year off his site. He did ask if you use it please pay for it.
I too wish i could figure out how works his
magic.
Heck. I'd be happy if i could figure out how to use LOR

Thanks Jack. I have been in awe of Holdman's sequencing skills ever since I gave in to my newfound addiction. I have no desire to copy/use his work, just see how he does some of his effects in LOR and use that as a learning tool.

Guest Don Gillespie

JSelph wrote:

Jack Mair wrote:
magic.

Thanks Jack. I have been in awe of Holdman's sequencing skills ever since I gave in to my newfound addiction. I have no desire to copy/use his work, just see how he does some of his effects in LOR and use that as a learning tool.

Just a quick note for all the newbies if you really want to see what sequencing is all about all you have to do is check out some of the old timers on this forum, George, William, John to name a few, what I learned from them is invaluable, not only do I find their sequences spot on I also find they are more than willing to help all the people on this forum when it comes to sequencing tips and tricks, as some of the above mentioned names don't participate on the forum to be of any help to you :P

Guest wbottomley

Don Gillespie wrote:

JSelph wrote:
Jack Mair wrote:
magic.

Just a quick note for all the newbies if you really want to see what sequencing is all about all you have to do is check out some of the old timers on this forum, George, William, John to name a few, what I learned from them is invaluable, not only do I find their sequences spot on I also find they are more than willing to help all the people on this forum when it comes to sequencing tips and tricks, as some of the above mentioned names don't participate on the forum to be of any help to you :P

Don... Evan A is another fine sequencer. All of them, minus myself, is great. Plus... they do more than color changes.

Check out some of Evan's videos.

Guest Don Gillespie

wbottomley wrote:

Don... Evan A is another fine sequencer. All of them, minus myself, is great. Plus... they do more than color changes.

Check out some of Evan's videos.

William you give yourself little credit we could list a lot of great sequencers on this forum I am privaliged to have the opportunity to pick their brains and gather as much info as possible no doubt Evan A is fantastic, so is Geoff Harvey from Australia as a matter of fact the list is to long to mention all of them but a hearty thank you to all of them is more than overdo, i appologize if I haven't mentioned all of their names but we know who you are, and you william are right up there with all of them.

Thank you Don & William. Everyone has been so great on this forum and I am humbled by the outpouring of support and willingness to share with those of us who are new to this.

I'm a newbie, too, and had the same problem. There are so many great videos with neat sequences. I didn't know where to start. So first, I picked a song, took a picture of the house and started with the roof lines (as that seemed the easiest). While sequencing the roof lines, I heard the song over and over and over again, and started to build out other areas that I could "see" happening each time I heard the song. It is really starting to come together.

Good idea to start early, but be careful to not burn yourself out of it and then not want to set it up after. This was my 1st year with LOR, I purchased my 32 channel starter package right after the 1st of the year last year, hooked it up and figured out how to make it work, sequenced half my 1st song, didn't read the guide and had a hard time sequencing and didn't touch it again till November. Big mistake. I ended up taking vacation and basically sequencing for 2 straight weeks before my display lit, along with decorating. Luckily the person who does Light for Reilly over at PC put his 2010 sequences up and he had 3 songs that I had planned. I'll admit I butchered them up and made them work with my show, they were the 3 best songs I had all year. The best part of it was the I could finally see what people were doing, I could actually watch his video on you tube and see what the sequence was doing. Huge help!!! Now the 6 songs I did myself were flat out awful and they are going to be all redone.. I'd say start with a song that you know well, I started with Wizards in winter because it one of my favorite songs in general. I find faster songs are easier. I've already finished 2 songs for 2012, and working on number 3, Christmas canon is the one in working on right now, and it's actually not too bad for a slow song..... Landoflights.com has shared sequences in the S2 section, there's some old Holman ones in there that I used to try to figure out the fading and color changing