Light-O-Rama Forums

The coffin of DOOOM

TitusCarnathan

I am planning on making a coffin of Doooom (the extra o's are for more doom)

I want to make it pnumatic and servo controled

so that it operates in this order

once the soloenoid is triggered it makes the skeleton pop up out of the coffin then I am going to put a servo on its head so that it turns towards the patrons then as an added effect make the eyes glow red and maby control the jaw and make it talk

that is part of my plans for this halloween

its going to be a work of progress but I will see how it goes depening on my

fire company and their haunted house (if they decide to do one this year) (I may use it there but thats another story for another time) if not the local farm runs a haunted hay ride and I may get my foot in the door there and create effects for it but thats alot of ifs

if count: too many

• 6 months later...

Sounds complicated yet awesome at the same time. I can already tell you it'll probably look better than the props sold at Spirit. I have an old half burred coffin prop, that I plan on revamping this season. I want to make the head spin (via rotisserie motor), and eventually make the mouth move. Good luck on your dummy and you should definitely post a vid of it when it's done.

For an inexpensive (but not LOR programmable) skull/jaw control, look up Scary Terry and Cowlicious audio/servo control..