Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Stage Loading

Mark J. M.

I am unable to get the visualizer to load the last file(stage) that I was using upon start up. I have the options menu set to automatically open the last file on start up but I keep getting the open file dialog box instead. Not an issue with using the visualizer but an annoyance to pick the file every time I start the visualizer. Do I need to reload the visualizer? Is there another place to set the default stage? I only use one stage and there are no other stages in the folder. Thank you-

Mark

I'll have a look at that, but it should be working as expected. The next time you start the Visualizer, cancel the 'open' dialog that shows up. Then, go to the file menu. See if you see an entry that starts with '1.' and a (shortened) file name.

Yesterday I did not have the "Load Automatic Visualizer" set but went ahead and checked the box. Closed the Visualizer and reopened it again and it loaded the LCC file just fine.

Today did it again after starting up my computer and it loaded the LCC file again.

Do not know what your operating system is or what changes you might have made to the computer, but would suggest trying to uncheck the option, close the visualizer, open the visualizer again and check the Load option, close and open again and see if it works.

Do you have a place you keep the LCC File?

Dennis-

I tried de-selecting the open last file option and closed the visuallizer. Closed the visualizer, opened the visualizer back up opened the file, re-selected the automatically open option and closed the Visualizer again. When I opened the visualizer again it went to the open visualizer file dialog box.

This is on a new computer that has only the programs required for sequencing and word-processing. It is running windows 7 64-bit, 6 GB RAM, dual 2.4 GHz processors.

The lee and lcc files are in the same directory. I tried un-installing and re-installing the editor and that did not help. Thanks for the help.

Mark

This is going to sound silly. Try this....

Get that file open, and then do a SAVE AS. Give it a different name and save it.

Now, check the file menu. You should see this new file listed as 1.

Ensure the option for 'Open last file' is selected and then exit the visualizer. Wait 5-10 seconds for all the processes to end, and then start it back up. Does it open now?

I changed the file name and that seems to have fixed the issue. It now loads automatically upon start up. I do not understand why it did not work previously. I have the same file on another computer and it loads the original file automatically. Thank you for your help.

Mark