Light-O-Rama Forums

how do I create 2-color trees in visualizer?

jgordon

My first year with LOR, and I can't see how to create a tree prop with 2 colors of lights (2 channels) in the visualizer. Nothing fancy - just a tree that can have both a "white" channel and a "multi-color" channel. Any thoughts? Thanks.

When assigning channels you would double click on a blank line under where it says channel assignment. Assign the channel you want (your white channel) make the color of it white, and name it and click OK.

Now click on the next blank line under where it says channel assignment and in the window that pops up click the drop down where it says 'special type' and select multi. Assign the channel you want (your multi channel) and also select how many colors your multi strings has. Assing the colors that your multi string has.

If you get all the channels and unit ID's assigned it should work.

Attached files 300895=16562-assigning channels.jpg

Thank you! I thought the color dialog box referred to the color of the channel in the sequencing software. I'm on my way again!

Paul, when I do that, my tree in the visualizer isn't all covered in lights like it ought to be - there are weird gaps. Any thoughts why?

I have the white lights assigned to all 4 fixtures on the tree, unit 02, ch 1, and all the multilights assigned to the same 4 fixtures, unit 02, ch 1.

Duhhh ... I meant that the multicolored lights are on unit 2, ch 2. I'm wondering if my funny gaps is just the way the visualizer tries to draw overlapping strings.

The 'funny gaps' are how the visualizer is drawing your string. When being simulated or edited in color, the Vis creates bulbs starting with the first channel. If you have 2 channels, 1 that is a solid color, and then 1 with 2 or more MULTI colors (the Multi-Color sub type), you'll get gaps:

SMMSMMSMMSMMSMMSMM MM MM MM MM MM MM S S S S S S