Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Strings etc in Visualizer are not being displayed

bengus81

This year I am planning to add a few RGB elements by way of a cheap 27 channel DMX controller, but for the life of me I cannot get the Visualizer to display the strings during the playback of a sequence.

The correct universes and channels are selected and the regular LOR channels display just fine, but no joy with the DMX strings.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I have the standard version of S3 but I believe that it supports DMX natively now so I don't think that is the problem.

Cheers!

bengus81 wrote:

Also, I have the standard version of S3 but I believe that it supports DMX natively now so I don't think that is the problem.

Cheers!

DMX is supported in the standard version with the iDMX only. If you use an Enttec you will need the Advanced version.

http://www.lightorama.com/ShowtimeSoftwareSuite.html

Geronc is correct. The sequence editor will NOT send commands for DMX channels unless you have the ADVANCED license. Since the commands are not sent, the visualizer doesn't get the data to simulate.

You'll need to upgrade to Advanced to get DMX to work in both the real world, and the Visualizer.

Ah just started to battle with this myself, was going to come here and ask what Im doing wrong. Dang it all. Oh will time to upgrade! You cant stop me!

Mike is this your expertise? Every question I have about Visualizer and Sequencer you on it like white on rice, on a paper plate with a glass of milk in a snow storm.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Mike is this your expertise? Every question I have about Visualizer and Sequencer you on it like white on rice, on a paper plate with a glass of milk in a snow storm.

I'd say he knows a thing or 2 about a thing or 2 when it comes to the software. He is the developer for it.

And now with my Advanced license it has been 9 minutes it works like a charm.

Ive been harassing Brain and Bob for weeks on certain parts of the software, it seems Mike has escaped my problems for now . . . .

I do appreciate the whole crew, other than my computer I have had the best service with LOR I could possibly ask for.

GoofyGuy wrote:

It's true, I am the lead developer of the Visualizer, so I do know a little about it :P

The sequencer, and really everything else except Super Star, on the other hand is Bob. Bob knows EVERYTHING. I can't count how many different modules/etc are in the suite, let alone the number of lines of code. A code question sent to Bob will usually come back with the exact routine to call, where it's located, and how to call it - all from his memory.

Regardless you guys do a great job keeping things moving along. Between you and Bob in the last 3 days Ive upgraded SuperStart and S3 Licences to highest level.

Its really worth it in many ways. I know if I have a question you guys will answer in very quick. If I have a problem you guys fix it as fast as I can get to a computer to do what you tell me to do. Customer service is rare in these new times but you guys do it with style!

As for using the visualizer as a prop I have no idea how that would work. So for now its just for me on the 25" monitor when Im inside.