Jump to content

Shortening a sequence


caniac
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a sequence I need to shorten by almost half, is there an easy way to do that? Also have and ending section I need to preserve so I guess I can cut and paste that where I want it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is it a musical or animation sequence?

If musical, have you cut the audio file in half?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:

is it a musical or animation sequence?

If musical, have you cut the audio file in half?
musical and audio cut in half
Link to comment
Share on other sites

caniac wrote:

I have a sequence I need to shorten by almost half, is there an easy way to do that? Also have and ending section I need to preserve so I guess I can cut and paste that where I want it.




You can reduce the total length of a sequence without trimming the media file. Under one of the menus is an option to change the total length but it will delete any lighting effects you've programmed after that time period. I've used this on a few songs where the media file has too many seconds of silence at the end. It's a nice way to shorten the silence without having to edit the audio file.



Gil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gilrock wrote:

caniac wrote:
I have a sequence I need to shorten by almost half, is there an easy way to do that? Also have and ending section I need to preserve so I guess I can cut and paste that where I want it.




You can reduce the total length of a sequence without trimming the media file. Under one of the menus is an option to change the total length but it will delete any lighting effects you've programmed after that time period. I've used this on a few songs where the media file has too many seconds of silence at the end. It's a nice way to shorten the silence without having to edit the audio file.



Gil
here is the thing, I did Sexy and I Know It to my Christmas lights. it is 3+ minutes long. created a copy of the sequence and then changed the media file to Santa and I Know It which is 2:06 so I need to truncate the last minute of the sequence.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would create a new musical sequence and copy and paste...

you could also try changing the "Track Time" to 2:06...

but it sounds like you wanted to save the end of the song and this would delete those events after 2:06

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:

I would create a new musical sequence and copy and paste...

you could also try changing the "Track Time" to 2:06...

but it sounds like you wanted to save the end of the song and this would delete those events after 2:06
how do you change the track time?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you can still do what I suggested...I just checked the help file and it's under the Edit menu and is called "Change Total Time". If you use that option and type in 2:06 it will truncate you're sequence to that length. If you need to copy the ending then open up both versions and copy it from the other file after you trucate the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...