Light-O-Rama Forums

Our 2011 Display

Allen Walterman

Nice.

Can you tell me about the Wreath....that's exactly what I want to do next season but wasn't sure how to go about it.

How big is it?

What's it made out of?

How many channels and how many lights on each channel?

Thanks

Thanks, the wreath is about 6 feet diameter, comes apart in four sections for easy storage. Its wire frame with covering. Will take pictures when I take it down if you like. I bought it at an end of year close out sale about 5-6 years ago. This year I used 10 channels, 1 red 400 lights, 1 green 400 lights and 8 white 50 lights per channel. Pretty easy to program and now that I have seen it in action should be better next year.

Allen

Nice work Allen. I like the snowflakes on the roof. Definitely a channel hog idea but there's a lot you can do with it. Wish I had a place to do something like that...

George Simmons wrote:

Nice work Allen. I like the snowflakes on the roof. Definitely a channel hog idea but there's a lot you can do with it. Wish I had a place to do something like that...

Thanks, great way to describe them as a channel hog, 28 snowflakes, 28 channels. My decoratable space is very limited, we have a funny shaped lot and not much front yard so up seems to work for me.

Allen

Orville wrote:

Very nice. So where'd you get those snowflakes on your roof? Store bought or did you make them?

I really loved the way you sequenced them in the Cool Yule song.

Thanks, The snowflakes came from a company called Novelty Lights.com. Its hard to see in the video but there are 8 more larger snowflakes running from the top down on the left side of the house, they also came from there. I bought the smaller smowflakes last year and when I put them up this year 7 of the original 30 were partially burned out. When I called the company to replace them he was very nice about it. They were sold out for this year but said he would replace them for me when he gets them in for this year.

Allen

Novelty lights is here in Denver and have always treated me right. I kinda like being able to drive down and actually see what I'm buying. I've seen those stars there and they are pretty nice.

• The topic was locked