Light-O-Rama Forums

First Year with LOR - so much fun

Amazn1

Great job Brad! I really like those big snowflakes on your roof. They make an impressive statement.

Being this was my first year, and I started late, I opted for animation only with no music. But I've been spending the past few days working on musical sequences for next year. I loaded one on Monday night and shot a video to use as a reference for making tweaks and planning future sequences.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-kBO_iJxQ

The timing is a bit off in spots, but I am happy enough since it was my first attempt. Now back to the sequence editor to do some more work!

You know, if you guys still have your lights up this late into the new year, you might as well just leave them up until Christmas! (That would save me dragging them out in July because I want to see how something new looks)
It's always a pleasure to watch first year displays... when it appears they know what they are doing and are prepared for the commitment. (separate the wheat from the chaff as it were). I think you both got it - nice job

The lights are all taken down until next year. I am already looking into buying more lights though. BTW, Thanks for the nice words. I know there is room for improvement but for my 1st year and 64 channels, I'm pretty satified. It really makes it worth it when the neighbors bring their kids to the house and stand in front to watch the lights and listen to the music all while dancing around (the kids that is).

Thanks for all of the kind words. I chose not to take down the lights until this coming weekend so that I could work on some music sequences to see what they actually looked like outdoors. It will also help me to make more effective use of the visualizer throughout the year when I create additional sequences. My hope is to have 2-3 more sequences completed by Friday (luckily I am off work this week), load them, and video them that night for reference and tweaking.

Wish me luck!...now back to sequencing...

I agree that both displays look good! Everyone has to start somewhere and the more you work at it, the better the results. Keep at it - I'm looking forward to seeing more videos this time next year from you guys.

Amazn1 wrote:

Well, here is one of my songs I sequenced for my first years display. I had a lot of fun and I am looking forward to next year. I already have a lot of ideas for improvement.

Very nice, I really liked your snow flakes they worked well on your roof.

JSelph wrote:

.....Being this was my first year, and I started late, I opted for animation only with no music. But I've been spending the past few days working on musical sequences for next year. I loaded one on Monday night and shot a video to use as a reference for making tweaks and planning future sequences.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-kBO_iJxQ

quote]
I like the lights in your tree. Curious as to what kind of tree you have? Interesting shape!

R Weiland wrote:

I like the lights in your tree. Curious as to what kind of tree you have? Interesting shape!

It is a chinese elm that I trim way back each fall to keep it under control. It has nice big branches, and with most of the foliage removed, it's really easy to wrap the lights around it.

excellent work to both of you i just hope my first show looks half as good as yours do can i ask how many channels you used amazn1 ??

Thanks Digdeep. I started with 64 channels (4 controllers). I will probably buy one more controller this year and consolidate some of the existing channels. I didn't find 64 channels too hard to sequence, I did start early though.

cool i just got my first 64 channels too so 2012 will be my first year i really hope it looks as good as yours