Light-O-Rama Forums

Alternative Controllers

ChristmasCanada

Are there any alternative controllers for RGB pixels or digital strips that will work with LOR.? I was thinking of a matrix wall with strips or pixels. The cost of a matrix using CCRs would be way to much $$$$. I'll be using the 6803 digital strips or pixel strings and I would like to find controllers that are a bit cheeper than the CCR controllers.

Guest wbottomley

ChristmasCanada wrote:

Are there any alternative controllers for RGB pixels or digital strips that will work with LOR.? I was thinking of a matrix wall with strips or pixels. The cost of a matrix using CCRs would be way to much $$$$. I'll be using the 6803 digital strips or pixel strings and I would like to find controllers that are a bit cheeper than the CCR controllers.

The matrix I'm considering to make will be 36X120 inches, 1920 nodes and 3 San Devices E681 controllers given LOR software comes around with E1.31 before next season.

wbottomley wrote:

ChristmasCanada wrote:

The matrix I'm considering to make will be 36X120 inches, 1920 nodes and 3 San Devices E681 controllers given LOR software comes around with E1.31 before next season.

I've read lots about the San Devices controllers. Any word on when LOR will be adding the E1.31.?

I've read that I can use my 485 USB from LOR to run DMX but with an older computer would I be better to go with the Enttec Pro.?

wbottomley wrote:

I don't know the best answer on the USB 485 vs. Enttec Pro.

E1.31: http://forums.lightorama.com/forum92/31622.html

If what Im reading is correct the Enntec Pro has the advantage because it can process commands on board, taking some load off the CPU of the controlling computer. This allows more channels without data loss, or lag over the various network types.