Light-O-Rama Forums

Final Night Eureka! Moment

George Simmons

George Simmons wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Maybe you could have a 2nd voiceover indicating to check your owner's manual if you aren't sure how to turn off their lights. Play the first one on demand the first 3 times, and then pull out the 2nd voiceover for the idiots that don't get it the first few times. Might make an interesting comedy bit for the other viewers as well.

What a great suggestion... I love it. I'm making a note to record that second voice-over tonight and put it in a 2012 file folder. thanks!

Tell them to go somewhere else to read the manual and figure it out so as to not bother everyone else while working on it.:)

I wonder...... on the vehicles that you can't actually turn the lights off (if there really are any) if you could use one of those 'glow sticks' to lay on the sensor (all I have seen are in the center of the dash) I have thought about it several times, but have yet to try it to see if it is bright enough to trick the sensor.

jpohio wrote:

wallleyes wrote:
I have a 2000 chevy lumina and i have to shut off the engine and apply the parking break to get the headlights to shut off.

It's the same thing with my 2000 Silverado, but I found out (from the manual) that the little button next to the lights knob... if I press it rapidly 4 times in a row, it will turn the lights off w/o shutting off the engine.

04 Chevy suburban here. I can just turn the dummy switch (the one that we use to have to use to turn the lights on) counter clockwise and release it. The headlights will go off, but the running lights will stay on.

Not all cars can they easily be disabled. GM is one some you can by pushing the dome light swtich 4 times, some you cant unless you do some rubix cube of BS. Ive had a Touareg and the only way is by programming, cant just do it because you want to.

Here is a solution. Buy a new flashlight, one of those fancy military HID flashlights. When thier lights are on, then you simply pay them back till they get the idea.

Guest Don Gillespie

GoofyGuy wrote:

Not all cars can they easily be disabled. GM is one some you can by pushing the dome light swtich 4 times, some you cant unless you do some rubix cube of BS. Ive had a Touareg and the only way is by programming, cant just do it because you want to.

Here is a solution. Buy a new flashlight, one of those fancy military HID flashlights. When thier lights are on, then you simply pay them back till they get the idea.

I like this idea, some people get it and some don't, the flashlite trick should clue them in, I am outside directing traffic anyways might as well have some fun.

One more thought:

Many of us have web sites with pages about how to find our show. How about including on that page both a request for people to turn their lights off while watching, and a link to the most common ways to turn them off.