Light-O-Rama Forums

Are Holiday Time Light programable like g-35???

usedcarguy

I had this posted in the newbie section didn't get to much response so I thought I would try it here now.

I love what you can do with the GE G-35 Lights but I wondering is their a cheaper alternative?

I found these Holiday Time Led Wireless Remoter Control c7 light set that goes from warm white to multi or stop on white or multi. Any one heard of these or have any experience. Are the controllable like the g-35. I just got them home and plug the in but haven't tried to take them apart yet. I noticed that when it changes from white to multi that the color bulb is always the same color. (Is it that color led or can it be rewritten to change to a different color?? (Like the G-35 rgb) The price is right on these if the would work out. I paid $9.49 for a box of 50ct.!!
I had the person locate more sets at other store for me. I don't want to run around town thou if they won't work out.
2027167970057200541S425x425Q85.jpg

At K-mart I also came across a Gemmy Color Changing Light Show set c9 set of 12 for $ 12.50 are these also controllable?

2886295420057200541S425x425Q85.jpg

Probably didn't get a replay because I don't think people here know the answer.

If I had to guess (and, it's only a guess) they would be controllable in the sense you could apply power to them via a LOR controller. However, the effects that the lights put out are (probably) controlled by some sort of circuitry built into the light strings.

Again, I'd guess that attempts to control them with LOR would not yield the desired results.

Guest wbottomley

It depends if they are IC or Non-IC. Non-IC could be controlled by an LOR DC board. If they are IC, then you will need to know the chip controlling them in order to find a modification that would work.

wbottomley wrote:

It depends if they are IC or Non-IC. Non-IC could be controlled by an LOR DC board. If they are IC, then you will need to know the chip controlling them in order to find a modification that would work.

where would I find all that info out?

I got the Holiday Time, only one box, the last one, for 3.37 at Walmart today!! ;p

Meh, might make a good night light.. ha. When you plug it in and out really fast sometime you see color before it goes to default white.. I wonder what shimmer would do to it.. :? Anyone know if that might break it? lol

l0chte wrote:

I got the Holiday Time, only one box, the last one, for 3.37 at Walmart today!! ;p

Meh, might make a good night light.. ha. When you plug it in and out really fast sometime you see color before it goes to default white.. I wonder what shimmer would do to it.. :? Anyone know if that might break it? lol

$3.37 Wow thats a great deal!!

Is yours the multi that you can change with the controller? Or is it the one that changes by it self. I found some of those also. White to blue back to white.

What percentage is your Walmart selling at? Over here its still only 50% off.

usedcarguy wrote:

l0chte wrote:

$3.37 Wow thats a great deal!!

Is yours the multi that you can change with the controller? Or is it the one that changes by it self. I found some of those also. White to blue back to white.

What percentage is your Walmart selling at? Over here its still only 50% off.

I don't even think they know what they are selling it at..
But from the looks of most of the stuff it's 75% off of 50%... ?
22 to 11, then 75 of that.. 3 something.. ish..