Light-O-Rama Forums

Picture for visualizer

musicman130

I was just wondering when people take pictures of their house for the visualizer in LOR 3 is it easy to upload the pic into it and tell the size of the picture so that when you put lights on the house you can actually see what your doing? I'm going to get 3 soon and want to make sure I take a pic correctly of the house so I don't have to do it to many times.

musicman130 wrote:

I was just wondering when people take pictures of their house for the visualizer in LOR 3 is it easy to upload the pic into it and tell the size of the picture so that when you put lights on the house you can actually see what your doing?  I'm going to get 3 soon and want to make sure I take a pic correctly of the house so I don't have to do it to many times. 

It is so easy, even a (insert noun here) can do it.

:D

Another Q when it comes to taking a picture of the house. When do you take the picture? During the day, dusk or when is best to take it. I'm just wondering if it would be better to take it when it's darker out but can still see the house so you don't have a bright yard or if it really matters. I saw some on youtube that people put up and it almost looks like taking a picture at dusk would be smart.

If you aren't changing your display much, it is easier to place elements in the visualizer when you can see where they are at (take a pic of your house AND display).

But you can darken the pic so the house is not so obvious after you place your elements on it (take pic in full daylight)

Personally, I remove the pic after I have my elements placed in the visualizer...