Light-O-Rama Forums

Meteor Tube

trafficman

Here's some tips for you that may apply since they look very similar to my snowcicles from Shopko.
1. Silicon around the wires where they enter the tube.
2. The wires are about 14V AC. Mine fire in sequence. You can cut the wires and splice in longer lengths and rearrange the order to make it look random. With the wires being AC, you don't need to worry about polarity when modifying.
3. If they fire in sequence, label them. If you have enough #1s, they can make great Danbursts.

Nice catch on the plug Bob. Looking at the specs, it is 110Vac. Looks like the lights run on 5V. Doesn't specify if the transformer is putting out AC or DC though, so if you go modifying, check this first. If the output is DC, you could use a computer power supply. They have a 5V output. Also, Radio Shack may have an adapter for the plug.

I sure hope they work.. If not I guess I can buy whatever I need to make it work..I will update as soon as they come in and thanks again for the information.

• 3 weeks later...

Tubes came in and thye work great.. Will follow advice and seal each end. Here is a picture of the plug in question.

Attached files 303756=16673-Special Plug.jpg

trafficman wrote:

Tubes came in and thye work great.. Will follow advice and seal each end. Here is a picture of the plug in question.

could you post a short video ofthose in action,interested in them also thanks

trafficman wrote:

That's the kind of plugs we have in France.

trafficman wrote:

James, I have not forgot about the video but need to unpack and hang them. Coming soon !!

Jeff

no rush,but thanks for the update James

• The topic was locked