Light-O-Rama Forums

A small schedule problem

Guest guest

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can figure out what I am doing wrong. I tried to follow suggestions from previous posts, but it doesn't seem to help.

Here's what I want to do:

The show goes for 18 minutes, then I want the lights to just stay on and then on the hour, the next show should start. Example: Start at 5, ends at 5:18 or so, lights stay up till 6, show starts at 6 and so on...

Here's what I did:

Attempt #1:

At the end of the musical sequences list, I added an animation sequence (which is really a 1 minute sequence of having all lights on, and looped 45 times). Then scheduled it for 5-6, 6-7, 7-8, etc. That didn't work. The musical sequences would play for their 18 minutes then lights would stay on for 45 more. Then the next show would start. So the very first show was on time, the second was 3 minutes late, then 6 and so on. :{

Attempt #2:

Since that didn't work, I removed the 45' animation sequence and put it in its own show in the animation tab. So I had 2 shows defined in LOR, the main one with the musical sequences and the "static" one which was really just an animation. I set up the main to go from 5:00-5:16 and the static from 5:16-6:00. Same problem. The musical sequence would play from 5:00-5:18 and the static would go for the whole 45 minutes. :devil:

Anyone has any ideas how to get it working properly? I would really appreciate it!

Try this: Create two shows. One for music and one for animation. In the show for the Animation (All Lights On) put your all lights on sequence in the background. Depending on your version of LOR, you may need to put a blank seqence in the animation tab so it will run. The animation that you put in the background tab should be 1 minute long. That way LOR will finish earlier. Don't worry about looping, as long as the sequence is in the background tab, it will loop automatically.

That worked way better! I think (I need to verify that) it still waits for it to finish but since it is only one minute, it s not a big deal.

Thanks! And here's some christmas cheer for you! :happytree::happytree::happytree:

Go back to attempt #1 and drop the loops to 42 instead of 45. If you do a 1 minute loop 45 times, plus an 18 minute show, then it is going to be 63 minutes total. Drop it to 42 and 18, then you will be right on target.

That seem to me that it would solve the issue much easier than running two shows.