Light-O-Rama Forums

Servo Dog controlling 3 axis skull

marsh28

Next year I want to add 3 talking 3 axis skeletons to my 32 channel LOR show. I know the servo dog would adequately control the mouth movements of the skeletons. However, I have heard that its very difficult, if not impossible, to control the 3 axis head movement of the skulls with LOR. Is this true?

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could answer - but I guess we will find out together. Just got another Servo City order, and my 2 DIO-32 controller boards cleared customs a couple hours ago. Eyeballs are somewhere between Australia and here. Give me 3 weeks and I will have a pretty good idea how controlling goes.

Yes, you can control the skulls via AOL. In fact I over controlled the servos and burned on out. The skull was not the problem for me, it was making a realistic looking face and body.

Denise

Hello, Marsh

It's not impossible to do but it is a very time consuming process. I have a skeleton that I sequenced to AC/DC's - Hells Bells. It is a 3 axis skull. It turned out pretty good but it took a long time to do as I said. I will try to post a video.

Bernie

• 4 months later...