Light-O-Rama Forums

MY FIRST XMAS SHOW

slowandugly

Nice Job! Fantastic Mega Trees! What do you call the / elements in the foreground? Not sure I have ever seen those before. Great effect.
I think the only comment I have is that the lights on your house might be better used as background color with less blinking. For instance transitioning through different colors every 16 beats. You may want to add some floods to fill in the blank walls as well.
Overal though... VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks.. that is actually a 60 ft pcv fence with 200 lights on each leg and 26 channels. I have not seen it before either. I get to do more things with it vice hoops. I only had White and Multi on the house which limited me. I already have plans to include blue and red for nxt year and I do agree with you. I will get to do fades etc next year. We are also thinking about running the fence all the way around the yard, but not sure how it will look from the front and uses a lot channels. Thanks again for looking.

Great job! You have done an awesome job with your first show, better than my first year, I can assure you that. I really like the "fence line" (if that's what you'd call it). But I do agree about the lights on your house. And I would add, when you are recording a show, if you can, take the auto focus off, it will take the random blurs out of the videos; but that has nothing to do with the light show. But great job, you should be proud of your accomplishments!

Like the fence.

my 2 cents... i think the fence around the whole yard will look great (if you have the channels). here's why

1) most ppl dont park directly in front of the house so they will see the show from an angle anyway.

2) i have a candy cane fence that covers front and sides and everyone loved it. i only had one light bulb per post (add more to it next year)

3) having something you can chase in a circle is always cool. Tree and fence at the same time would be cool.

If i had enough channels I'd add that to my fence.

slowandugly wrote:

Thanks.. that is actually a 60 ft pcv fence with 200 lights on each leg and 26 channels. I have not seen it before either. I get to do more things with it vice hoops. I only had White and Multi on the house which limited me. I already have plans to include blue and red for nxt year and I do agree with you. I will get to do fades etc next year. We are also thinking about running the fence all the way around the yard, but not sure how it will look from the front and uses a lot channels. Thanks again for looking.

you could look at doing something I call "splitting". Next year I plan on doubling my mini trees but don't want to dedicate a controller to it. I will use my driveway as a "center point" and start with Mini Tree 1 on each side and go out ten mini trees each way. This way I am using the same ten channels. with careful fading I think I can make it look like I am using 20 channels. just a thought.

Yea I know what you are talking about. If you type "mertz christmas" on youtube, you can see what I did by "splitting" a little 6 channel music box from Lowes last year. I had around 10,000 lights (mostly LED'S).... it looked I had a "real" light show... lol

Yes I was thinking the same thing about the fence. I was going to get more controllers next year, because I think the fence is the most unique part of the whole show, so I will concentrate on that aspect of it. I will also add 2 more colors to the mega tree and then duplicate that design to the two 6 foot tress. I will keep the trees at 6 foot, but make the center poles 14 ft like the mega tree and put the star on the top of them. That will give me three 14 ft poles (7 channels each) and then the stars on top of them. I made the star on the mega tree. BTW you did a lot with only 32 channels... :P

• The topic was locked