Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Changing lights

usedcarguy

After seeing that Topic about the G-35 color changing light which lead me to the article about hacking the GE lights. course no luck untill. Being 4 Days after Christmas sale I didnt think I would have any luck. But I finally found a open box at walmart. Only the 25 count thou g-35. Opened box no controller. Was originally $47.98 50% off $23.99 and then another 10% for missing the controller. $21.59 less than 90 cent a noid!! I think I did good wish there was more!!

2130838300057200541S425x425Q85.jpg

So on the same shelf I found these Holiday Time Led Wireless Remoter Control c7 light set that goes from warm white to multi or stop on white or multi. Any one heard of these or have any experience. Are the controllable like the g-35. I just go the home and plug the in but haven't tried to take them apart yet. I noticed that when it changes from white to multi that the color bulb is always the same color. (Is it that color led or can it be rewritten to change to a different color?? (Like the G-35 rgb) The price is right on these if the would work out. I paid $9.49 for a box of 50ct.!!
I had the person locate more sets at other store for me. I don't want to run around town thou if they won't work out.
2027167970057200541S425x425Q85.jpg

At K-mart I also came across a Gemmy Color Changing Light Show set c9 set of 12 for $ 12.50 are these also controllable?

2886295420057200541S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for the link on the controller. I haven't purchased any LOR equipment yet still doing the research on them. Just gearing up and making all my light purchase right now while the sale are out there.

skooter_3 wrote:

Also, I'm thinking only RGB LED's will you be able to control the effects such as fading from one color to another, I could be wrong though.

I plug in the Gemmy Lightshow and I beleive that the are rgb. They change different colors, fade, blink, says dozens of color changing light effects. I also seen that by this same company they have icicles that are color changing.

Just not sure if the would be a controllable light set.

I did my first light show this year with LOR S3 (software) and CTB16PC controller. I was pleased to watch a few cars sitting out front watching my show! I'm really hooked now! I only had roof icicle lights, 6 Xmas trees, 2 reindeer, a sleigh and 3 presents lit up. I think this is y I am pursuing RGB lights, to add more color with fewer strands.