Light-O-Rama Forums

Video

thevikester

Using S3 3.1.4, was working on my first integration of video into next years show, and have the basics down, enough to where I can rip the video, run it through software to get the clip that I want, and also use it as the media file for the sequence. When I just run the imported video on its own through the projector on screen 2, its clear, when I run it as part of my sequence through the projector, its very pixelated, (new word) not sharp or clear.

I also get a big blue line on the side of my output, even though I have checked use full screen, so not sure what that is about. I used Magic DVD Ripper to take clip from a virtual santa DVD, I used Power director by cyberlink to cut it up, & produce my .wmv clip... any ideas why its not clear? I played around with the 1366x980 settings, which is what my computer recommended, as it is the main computer screen that uses that setting. Tried others, but no change in regards to the video clarity. I used the extended screen as my method for the second screen.

Thx to Paul R for helping me get this far, big help!

"When I just run the imported video on its own through the projector on screen 2, its clear"

What program are you using to run the video on its own?

If it is not Windows Media Player, please try running the video with Windows Media Player, and please let me know how it works with that. Thanks.

bob wrote:

"When I just run the imported video on its own through the projector on screen 2, its clear"

What program are you using to run the video on its own?

If it is not Windows Media Player, please try running the video with Windows Media Player, and please let me know how it works with that. Thanks.

Yes, running it on Windows Media Player...and its clear as can be there, but when I attach it as my media file, not good at all

Bob...think I solved my problem, turned out it was the pixel setting while saving, was very low quality, upped that, rendered the video again, and looks like it should!