Light-O-Rama Forums

A couple quick clips

alchrisr01

These are a couple short clips of the two opening animations for this years show. I have tried just about everything to get some decent video in years past and just can't seem to equal what some of you get. I am using a Zi8 and have tried shooting in all light with moderate success.

Traffic has been outstanding this year, We spent Dec. 23 and Christmas Eve outside all night and some on other nights as well. We were amazed at the number of folks taking video and were overwhelmed with kind comments and stories from visitors. Most of the folks we spoke with had never seen the show before (been doing this 5 years)and still more were frequent visitors.
I am going to try one more time with my daughter's new Nikon to shoot some video and get it edited and posted to Vimeo. I just want to capture what the color fades really look like.

Chris

Looks great! Love your Weber tree, did you buy one of the kits or did you construct it yourself? I'd like some details on it, this is my first year and I am set on adding a Weber for next year. Great work.

I just did a lot of research to determine how and what I wanted to do for the spiral. I used the spiral tree calculater to determine the spacing. It is 12 channels with 4 100ct mini (1 clr/3 grn) per channel. Taking a clue from jimswinder, I built a split-bottom crate to lower it all into for storage. I used steel cable from Harbor Freight for the supports and found that I also needed to add two rings inside as well to keep things tighter. Lots of really good info on the forums to give you ideas on what might work for you in your area. I have just touched on a few that worked for me. I will be glad to go further if you want to PM me.

thanks,

Chris

• The topic was locked