Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange problem with MC-P cards

Guest guest

Last night I came home and noticed that a good portion of the display was out. Since it was late I decided to shut down and attempt to fix the problem today. So here I am. I have 2 MC-P processor cards in my set-up with my own ssrs. Everything has worked just fine up until this point. Right now, both MC-Ps do not respond to any commands from the comp (via hardware utility or sequence editor). When the cat5 cable is unplugged, the LED continues to light solid and not flash like I would expect. All other controllers on the network function normally. I should mention that they are relatively "in the middle" of the daisy chain of data cables. They only problem I was able to find was a corroded in-line coupler - but other controllers downstream from it work fine. I tried unplugging the controllers. That didn't work either. Is there some way to reset them that I don't know about?

I don't have the LOR documentation in front of me right now, but I believe it is like resetting other LOR units. Unplug the MC-P and change the ID to 00. Plug it back in for a few seconds then unplug it. Then all you have to do is set the unit back to the original ID number.

Will Sanders