Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Windows 7

PAnorthpole

Does S3 operate on Windows 7 operating system?
Can't seem to locate any information on this subject in the user manuals or the LOR site.

If this is compatible is there anything I should know before loading it on a new laptop operating Windows 7?

Thanks for the anticipated responses

PAnorthpole

Thanks Don

Hope this was not going to be a problem. Santa brought me a new laptop with Windows 7 operating system and I was not seeing any information if this is compatible.

Being a newbie to all this had some concerns when I load the program to the laptop. Hopefully I will not run into any road blocks during the install process.

Thanks so much...you guys are just amazing when it comes to help! This is becoming a real learning experience and without help "frightening"

Happy New Year
PAnorthpole

If you have a 64 bit OS system be prepared to make some changes to your music media files. Media files in MP3 format created in earlier versions of Audacity 1.26 and earlier may not work. You will need to go to Audacity and download their beta 1.3 version and re-rip your music. You may need to convert to WAV format files with Windows 7 and 64 bit OS. Also you will need to download the new LAME files to go with the new Audacity. It is all on the Audacity site. Failure to do so may leave you with skippage and hesitation when you run your files. Also make sure you get the latest downloads for the USB converter applicable to Windows 7. These are not on the CD's that come with the converters yet, and you wil need to download.

JD Schuck wrote:

If you have a 64 bit OS system be prepared to make some changes to your music media files. Media files in MP3 format created in earlier versions of Audacity 1.26 and earlier may not work. You will need to go to Audacity and download their beta 1.3 version and re-rip your music. You may need to convert to WAV format files with Windows 7 and 64 bit OS. Also you will need to download the new LAME files to go with the new Audacity. It is all on the Audacity site. Failure to do so may leave you with skippage and hesitation when you run your files. Also make sure you get the latest downloads for the USB converter applicable to Windows 7. These are not on the CD's that come with the converters yet, and you wil need to download.

Its strange but I never had to do any of that and I am running the 64 bit

JD Schuck wrote:

bdeditch wrote:

JD Schuck wrote:
If you have a 64 bit OS system be prepared to make some changes to your music media files.  Media files in MP3 format created in earlier versions of Audacity 1.26 and earlier may not work.  You will need to go to Audacity and download their beta 1.3 version and re-rip your music.  You may need to convert to WAV format files with Windows 7 and 64 bit OS.  Also you will need to download the new LAME files to go with the  new Audacity.  It is all on the Audacity site.  Failure to do so may leave you with skippage and hesitation when you run your files.  Also make sure you get the latest downloads for the USB converter applicable to Windows 7.  These are not on the CD's that come with the converters yet, and you wil need to download.

Same here

scubado wrote:

bdeditch wrote:

Same here

Same here.

I ran S3 with Windows 7 Home on my laptop in a pinch when my XP Pro show computer was freaking out with DLL issue. I didn't have any issues except withdrawals from not being able to surf the forums on my while sitting on my sofa.

I'm adding a dedicated show computer for 2012. I had only a single PC for 2011. Based upon my setup (show computer very difficult to physically get to), making changes to my show/sequences required me to do so in the "off hours".

I'm anticipating the show computer to be Windows 7 and my sequencing computer to be XP. Are there any issues I can expect when moving sequences from the XP sequencing computer to the Windows 7 show computer? If so, I may see what I can do to keep them both on the same OS.

I do exactly what you are wanting to do. The default directory structure is different, so you have to tell the sequences where to find the media after the transfer. I had no other issues.

I have a small, el-cheapo Acer Netbook running S3 on Win7. Ran it all season without a hitch. Jumping back and forth between OS is fine. LOR saves it files as text XML files (at least from what I can see). Where you run into issues is if you try to jump back and forth between S2 and S3.