Light-O-Rama Forums

Stick Trees

gilbarcotech

They change every year. Each year the wire on the trees is thinner, the welds cheaper. I haven't found a decent one since 2009. I do like the looks of the ones in the link though.

I noticed that wire deer keep getting smaller with thinner wire too. I grab the old ones from Goodwill whenever I see one. Bring em home, strip em down, and spray them down with rustolium.

If those twiggy trees were 80-90% off I'd consider them at around $8-$15 each.

I think $39.97 is still a bit much for those flimsy things, plus I'd have to strip all the incandescent lights and replace with LED's.

So $8 to maybe up to $15 for the frame itself wouldn't be bad and my replace the incans for LEDs.

Richard Holdman's trees were about 6 feet and came with 300 clear lights. He then added 700 more of W,R,G.
See

I purchased 12 of these trees in 2007 from Walmart and have never seen any since.

Guest wbottomley

gilbarcotech wrote:

Every now and then I've seen posts of folks wanting to buy the "holdman" stick trees, I found a place where you can do just that, The trees are white and 5' tall kmart/sears offers them. here's the link

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_07111040000P?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

Duane

I didn't find "Holdman" in the description. ;)

I had four from Rite Aid years ago and they finally gave up their Christmas ghost.

We hit all the Goodwill stores in a 10mi radius today to check for stuff for next year.. the stores had, on average, 4-5 green trees, both pre-lit and not, 75% off, so a $40 was $9+ Check all the stores around you for them.. For abt $50-$60, you can add your own little forest, cheap..

• 10 months later...

my local goodwills didnt have any stick trees but they had a 15-20 foot fake christmas tree for $29.99 if anyone is interested. Not sure what shipping would be though...lol