Light-O-Rama Forums

After-Christmas Sales

EthanP

I'm planning on hitting up Walmart tomorrow to see what sales they have, but I wanted to ask a few questions first.

• Am I correct in assuming that the sales start the day after Christmas, or is it normally only at New Year's that you can get the good deals?
  • In either case, my local stores are 24 hour stores. Do the sales kick in around midnight, or later in the [early] morning, like 6am?
  • Does Walmart set one sale price and keep it until they're out of stock, or does it drop as the days progress?

Thanks in advance for any tips you sale veterans can give me!

EthanP wrote:

I'm planning on hitting up Walmart tomorrow to see what sales they have, but I wanted to ask a few questions first.

• Am I correct in assuming that the sales start the day after Christmas, or is it normally only at New Year's that you can get the good deals?
  • In either case, my local stores are 24 hour stores. Do the sales kick in around midnight, or later in the [early] morning, like 6am?
  • Does Walmart set one sale price and keep it until they're out of stock, or does it drop as the days progress?

Thanks in advance for any tips you sale veterans can give me!

The big box store sales usually start the day after Christmas. I don't know about all Walmarts, but the ones I have been to start at 50% off, then after about a weeke or so go to 75% off.

I have no idea about the sales starting at midnight... I'll be in bed then. :(

My Menards was at 50% on Friday (23rd) and was pretty wiped; Target had about 10 boxes of miscellaneous lights left. I don't foresee this to be a good year of after Christmas sales based on those two stores; considering I was at Target last year and bought something like 50 boxes a few days after Christmas and didn't come close to depleting their stock.

Lowes is at 50 to 60% off now online. I just reserved a bunch of stuff for pickup later todauy. They will pull it off the shevels before anyone else can get access too it. I usually do this every year. I just go into the store see what they have the day before xmas and after midnight place my order and i get the full discount without having to wake up early