Light-O-Rama Forums

Issues w/ Boards

Guest guest

Does anyone has a schematic of the CTB08 boards? With the Ice storm that just passed, my boxes leaked and the boards got submerged in water. They still power up, but when connecting the Network Cables, the LED will go on solid for a minute or two, then start blinking again like it lost the connection. I have tried reprogramming the boxes, which is possible when the light is on solid, but not when blinking. I have changed out the cables and done everything I know how to do. I have a friend that can do some component level testing on the board, but he needs a schematic to do so. If anybody has any other idea I can try to fix the problem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

Tom

If the LED is flashing, the microprocessor is running. Perhaps only the RS485 was affected. I would pop out the RS485 (U2) chip & the micro (U0) and spray thoroughly with a zero-residue Electronics Cleaner aerosol. Also spray the RJ jacks and circuit board top and bottom in that area (upper left.) Maybe there's some crud left after the evaporation of the water affecting the comm.