Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on sale

rbmurray210

I have ultimately decided after 2 years of using the Big Box store LED's I am going with CDI for next years display. Already have an order set up and saved, ready to go when my large check gets here in February sometime.

This year alone I have already had over 5+ LED strings fail, so it's time to bite the bullet and buy from a quality and dependable vendor for my LED lights next year.

Incans are not a big issue, but if you're going LED(as I have been doing), those Big Box stores will start letting you down by the second season you use them. I didn't have the funds to go with CDI myself and so I bought the "cheap" LED's from these stores and now I am paying the price for using them! They lasted basically about a seaon and a half. The only thing they will be good for is cutting off the male and female ends to use for making extension cords.

Listen to all the folks here with the experience and learn from them. They all recommend CDI for their LED strings and none have had any real issues that weren't resolved quickly.

So this time I AM LISTENING TO THE EXPERTS here with the really nice displays and putting in my order with CDI just as soon as the funds arrive.

That just means I won't be able to add a few more CTB16PC controllers as I had planned, but what good are controllers if I don't have anything to control with them?

I'll still use some of what I have, but will probably relegate them to "static" or "indoor" use.

If you're buying incandescents on those sales, like said, those aren't going to be as problematic as the LED strings have turned out to be from those BB stores like Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Target, etc.