Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Lights

Bobbyp47

What is every one using for LED lights on the house and where is the cheapiest place to buy lots of LED lights. Also who has Lights on sale right now for next year.

Ok David answered who is running sales right now. Ok, first my driveway is only about 60' long. I have C9 LEDs on the ridge and sides of the roof. And I am using C6 icicles along the front edge of roof.

I have C9 reftofit LEDs on my roof and outlining my driveway, C6 LEDs on my small mega tree, and M5 LEDs on my mini trees.

I use C7 for my roof outline, C6 for my windows, doors, and mega tree, G12 for my mini trees, and M6 for my arch.

As far as pricing right now, the two big sales for the "best" leds are:

Magic in the Sky:http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting/2012.pdf

Creative Display: http://www.creativedisplays.com/Announcements

For the C9 LED lights if you don't want a dark and gloomy look then stay away from Home Depot or Lowes C9 multi color lights. Those lights are great for a Halloween display. I used the wide angle 5MM LED lights on my arches and my mini trees, they shined really bright.

So where is the best place to buy lights.... I went out the day after Christmas thought I would find some deal and found most didnt have light and the other didnt drop price much. Home depot drop there light 50% but didn't have anything I wanted

Bobbyp47 wrote:

So where is the best place to buy lights.... I went out the day after Christmas thought I would find some deal and found most didnt have light and the other didnt drop price much. Home depot drop there light 50% but didn't have anything I wanted

See post #2.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Bobbyp47 wrote:

See post #2.

Thanks Surfing,
Ah RIF!! Anyone remember those commericals when I was a kid. That was about 45 yrs ago. RIF = Reading Is Fun.

Max-Paul wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Bobbyp47 wrote:

See post #2.

Thanks Surfing,
Ah RIF!! Anyone remember those commericals when I was a kid. That was about 45 yrs ago. RIF = Reading Is Fun.

Sorry, I wasn't born yet. :P

Max-Paul wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Bobbyp47 wrote:

See post #2.

Thanks Surfing,

Yes, I remember them, showing my age now. ;)

But I thought RIF was: "Reading Is Fundamental", I suppose "Fundamental" could be shortened to "Fun".

Or maybe it was the area you lived in they worded it a little differently.

Been too long since those commercials aired, so not going to say I'm sure about my definition of what RIF means.

Shoot, it might even mean "Raunchy Intense Farts" for all I know in todays "Politically Correct" world. ROFLMAO (sorry, just couldn't resist.)

Max-Paul wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Bobbyp47 wrote:

See post #2.

Thanks Surfing,

Not Fundamental?

Just like those damned metric terms...its all different in Missouri..:shock:

Ok, I give!! Yes I do believe Orville got it right with Fundamental. But in todays society, ya got to sugar coat it. So, I restated it as Reading is Fun. I mean dont you want to have fun?

Hey I see what is going on here. You boys with the water soaked heads are teaming up against midwest bible thumpers. :P