Light-O-Rama Forums

HOW TO LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON FOR A WHILE

Guest guest

Hi, everything is working ok by now, I just have another question.... how can i make to leave the lights ON all the time?.... for example:

I want the lights to be ON some days by 6pm and light off by 11 pm, and some days I will put the shows on the schedule, but what should I do, if I just want the lights ON?

:]thanks for all the support

Polita:happytree:

Polita,

I run an animated show from 5:30pm to 10:00pm. Then at 10:00:01pm to midnight, I run a full static "on" display show (meaning all lights on). I just created a animation sequence with all channels on for 5 minutes and created a new show name. I then scheduled it from 10:01pm to midnight. After each 5 minutes, it blinks real quick (when the sequence starts over) but it's not that bad actually. A quick blink and it's back on.

So here is how the schedule looks:

Bricktown X-mas show file: 5:30 to 10:00pm Monday thru Sunday

bricktown Static show file: 10:00:01 to 11:59pm Monday thru Sunday

This idea/suggestion came from Don by the way and works great.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Edited: spelling

If you don't want the "quick blink every 5 minutes", schedule it as a background show, not an animation show.

With 1.6.1, it just works. With 1.5.x and earlier, you also need to create an empty animation sequence, with no channels defined, and also program that as an animation sequence in your show (it's a workaround for a bug that was fixed in 1.6.1).

We use this for security lighting after our show runs-- works great.

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

If you don't want the "quick blink every 5 minutes", schedule it as a background show, not an animation show.

-Tim

Good point Tim,

I'm reading about the 1.6.1 upgrade. But I'm using the USB converter set-up and hate to change in the middle of the season. I'll check out the upgrade after this season.

Thanks,

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

tfischer wrote:

-Tim

Good point Tim,

I'm reading about the 1.6.1 upgrade. But I'm using the USB converter set-up and hate to change in the middle of the season. I'll check out the upgrade after this season.

Thanks,

Tom

I'm using 1.5.x myself, since it's working fine for me. I'm just using the 'hack' I mentioned above and it works fine with the background sequence.

-Tim