Light-O-Rama Forums

Fingers Crossed

captainron19

Got my fingers crossed - my neighbor across the street who has never really been a fan of my lights and the traffic asked me last week if I could obtain a Santa Suit. I said sure I could get one from the firehouse for him to borrow. At first I thought he wanted to borrow it for his kids but then he told me that he bought about 300 candy canes and wants to dress up as Santa and hand them out at my lights tonight.

I was blown away and actually asked his wife if he was feeling ok and she told me that he said... "If you cant beat em join em" His wife is even making a large urn of hot chocolate and bringing their fire pit in the driveway for all the neighbors to hang around.

But now from the word on the street.... the media will be here in addition to an extremely large amount of visitors! I actually have fire police from our local fire department even coming to direct traffic..

Plus the food pantry that we collect donations for brought us over another additional 500 candy canes or so!

Great story! When I read this it made me wish I could have been there last night too. This may have been the beginning of a new tradition at your house!

I think so! Almost all the neighbors showed up and we had a nice fire going across the street front he lights and everyone had a ball! My neighbor that organized it is actually making plans for next year already and set a date that she was telling everyone.

Attached files 296236=16376-397197_2569645078847_1185823680_32284775_1311060772_n.jpg

I had one of my neighbors come over and give me 20.00 to help out with the electricity bill, because their kids would watch my light show every night and they couldn't afford to set up lights. I thought that was cool

• The topic was locked