Light-O-Rama Forums

backround sequences

Guest guest

I am using a backround sequence to control my radio sign. It is one minute long, has a single on event and it put into the show as a backround sequence. It doesent play during the show. Any thoughts on why?

Couple of things to check:

The background sequence should have only ONE channel in it. That channel would be the one with the radio sign. (lets say it is Unit 02. Circuit 16)...

All of your other sequence should NOT have a channel with Unit 02. Circuit 16 defined.

------------------

If you have this set correctly then you may want to try upgrading to version 1.6.1 of the software. It has a few corrections in the show player including some issues with the background section. However I believe that the background section was playing it was just that it was blinking once per loop through the sequence.

John Garrant wrote:

Dan - I don't get it. I have my sign channel on in every song to keep it lit, so what's the background for?

John

For those with a mix of static and animation, the background area can be a huge time saver. It saves them from having to program the 'static' portion of their display into every musical sequence.

Plus, when I added a tree in my back yard (I really should post pictures) I simply added it to one place (the background) instead of having to add it to all 12 sequences, plus all of my voice overs.

John Garrant wrote:

wow - I wish I asked this question earlier. I could have saved a ton of time!

Also, if you don't use the background, your "static" lights will blink at the end of every sequence. That's pretty annoying, especially if (like me) you use X-10 which can take a second or two to go off and back on. I also use a Kodak slide projector which would be terribly hard on it to keep turning off and on.

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

John Garrant wrote:

Also, if you don't use the background, your "static" lights will blink at the end of every sequence. That's pretty annoying, especially if (like me) you use X-10 which can take a second or two to go off and back on. I also use a Kodak slide projector which would be terribly hard on it to keep turning off and on.

-Tim

Yes, I noticed that when I run my show closer which runs for 15 minutes in a loop after the show ends at 9:30am.

tfischer wrote:

John Garrant wrote:

-Tim

thats why i am using it. ok so i had the channel set on both sequences and while the musical sequence was running it was telling it to be off but the backround sequence was telling it to be on! i get it!;)