Light-O-Rama Forums

4 House Display

mcnamara9

I do have great neighbors. We may have 2 more join the fun on the same side of the street next year to make 6 in a row.

That's fantastic! I don't have any close neighbors, but there is a small subdivision (10-12 houses at most) that is behind my house, and I have been wanting to sync those houses together ever since I've been into animated lighting. Nice job though, looks great!

Jesse

Thanks Mate! (I've always wanted to say that) :D

My house (arches over driveway, 9 mini trees, and mega tree) has 5 controllers. The other 3 neighbors each have 1 controller. So a total of 8. I expect the neighbors will be adding quite a few more next year after getting a taste of it this year.

Ya, I'm really fortunate to have such great neighbors. We may add 2 more houses to the 4 to make 6 in a row next year!

Surfing4Dough wrote

FYI, looks like the sequencing of the kid on the scooter is a tad off the music beat. :(

Nice videography as well. (Type of camera?)

I add the music file on top of the video file when I create the file so I might be off.

As for the camera, it's a samsung HD camera. Nothing too fancy. I think it was around $300 at Best Buy. Not nearly top of the line like others may have... but it works. The video editing software is what I have found to be very valuable. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio and it is awesome. It let's you incorporate multiple video streams. The video you saw had 8 different clips.

Fantastic Brian,

Did you provide all the lights, cables, controllers and power for the other houses or was it a shared effort.

Two of my neighbors have asked me to include their houses but they wanted me to provide everything, but that is too costly.

Ron.

Brian,
My Neighbors have been asking me to "annex" their houses for a couple of years now. I may go ahead and branch out next year and had a couple of questions:
1. How many controllers did you use?
2. How many ELL's?
3. How long are your extension cords from the controller to the farthest point.
4. How did you manage the power cords? Roof to Roof? Through the back yards?
5. Did the complexity rise exponentially or was it fairly simple to accomplish?
Thanks!

I too am now in the planning stages to add 3 houses next year. Would really appreciate more information, what you learned, what you would do differently. Thanks for sharing the inspiring video.

sweet! that is way cool! i am out of space at home and the neighbors across the street have already offered up their front yard, might have to take them up on it.

love the rolling camera work as well! very nice!

I want cool neighbors too. I search here on the forum and online and cant find them. Where did you get them? I bet they are expensive.

hey scott, checked out your display last night as well. i like the addition of the penguins this year. :) and the web address above the garage, i dont remember seeing that last year... anyway, sorry to hijack the thread!!