Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Color Help

mmais68569

I am going to jump on the LED wagon next year & need to know about the White or Clear LED's.
I want a white or clear that is as close to the Incandescent clear mini lights. I have seen all the different names on white. Which one do I need?

Mike

jimswinder wrote:

yep...warm white (more yellowish)...

pure white has a blue tint to it...

I thought cool white had the blueish tint or are they about the same

i think it depends on the manufacturer, but I believe Pure White and Cool White are basically the same...

"Warm White" lights are listed as 3,200K- 3,400K
"Pure White" lights are listed as 6000 - 6500K
"Cool White" lights listed at color temp 7300 - 7800K

http://www.atgelectronics.com/support/PDF/2008041801.pdf

The cool white are like a white that is the color of a fluorescent light bulb.

Warm white has yellow in it, but it's not as yellow-intense as incandescent lights.

FYI, MITS has a new LED this year that are more along the line of incandescent light. It's called "Hill Country Christmas".

warm white falls around 2800 degrees kelven which is yellow like the incans or similar depending on the manafacture

Pure White is as it name says it is it normally is around 5000 to 5800ºK which is white to a very light blueish tine

Cool White is around 7800ºK which is a blueish tint

but as jim said it depends on the manfacture and what they refere to pure and cool

most fluorescent lamps rang from 5000 and up since you can buy pure white ones and I have seen ones that give off a blueish tint which would have a higher color tempeture

Attached files 295627=16327-kelvinscale2.jpg

For most LED strings, Warm White is pretty close to incandescent. For the Minleon dimmable bulbs, Sun Warm White is the one that is close to incandescent.