Light-O-Rama Forums

Urgent help

aza711

Hi all the show went on to night as normal and about 15 minutes in the controller has lost all power the fuses seem ok is there any thing else I need to check or is it dead this really suck as we are trying to raise money for the rescue helicopter and have Santa coming for Christmas eve and everything but now I have only a static show please help I am over it this year I have had nothing but problems I am in Newcastle Australia if there is anyone near by I am prepared to travelandpay if the unit canbe fixed

Thanks all
Aaren

When you say the fuses, are you saying the electrical fuses that the controller is plugged into or are you saying the fuses within the controller. Make sure you check both.

Do you have power to the controller?

When you say the fuses seem fine, what does that mean? A fuse can look fine but be bad/blown?

What controller do you have?

Guest Don Gillespie

Aaren the more information you give us the more we can help you, when you say the controller has lost all power and now all you have is a static display we need to know if everything is still plugged into your controllers in order for you to have a static display, if the fuses were blown in the controller you wouldn't have any lights on at all, we can help you but give us all the info you can.

Please give more info is the outlet getting power. Is the red led in the controller blinking or is out? Give more info then you think we need.

Aaron, take a deep breath and approach it one step at a time. Your issue is probably simple, it just has to be isolated and corrected.

First, do you have power at the receptacles serving the LOR equipment? If not, unplug the LOR stuff and reset the breaker or GFCI.

If you have power at the receptacle:
Do you have a status light on the LOR board?

If yes, then is the computer/director communicating with the board?

If no, then check your fuse on the 9-16 side. A visual check dosn't get this done, you will need a continutity meter or a volt-ohm meter. Be sure to unplug the power first, your are dealing with line voltages!

Report back with your findings and the details of which board(s) you have, the status of the light on the board, how you are set up (computer to LOR/director to LOR), how many controllers, and even the environment conditions (wet or dry).

There are enough people here that we can help you work through the issue.