Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights out of sync...Help

Guest guest

I am a 1st time user of LOR this year. I am using the MP3 model and another 16 channel model for a total of 32 channels. When I created my first show consisting of one musical sequence to play every 1/2 hour and a filler seqence for in between, It ran perfectly on my Sequence editor program, but when I ran it real time the music was about 1/2 a second ahead of the lights. I tried to change speeds both faster and slower and it didnt help. Is there something else I can try?

Re-encode the MP3 using Audacity. A problem in Windows Media player adds some time to the beginning of a song with some encodings of MP3s. We have found that the Lame encoder used by Audacity produces an MP3 that WMP & our MP3 show director start at the same time.

There is a document on the lightorama.com support page explaining how to get Audacity and configure for use with our stuff.

dodddd1967 wrote:

Thanks, I will try it. By the way, how would I convert my audio files on my existing sequence? Or would I have to re-program the sequence?

Save a copy of you original audio file and re-encode it using Audacity. It's usually just the first second or so of a song that's out of sync. You can resize the events there and the rest of the song should still be in sync.