Light-O-Rama Forums

First Successful Night!!

Champion Sound Entertainment

So ive been having some trouble with the Show schedule. Im not sure what i did - but the show tonight went off without a hitch!!

I had neighbors who drove by and then went home and got their family to sit outside in the cold to enjoy the music and lights.

Ive always been addicted to my holiday displays, but now that ive been introduced to LOR its become a full blown addiction. Its not even xmas yet and im already starting to plan my display for next year.

Thanks for all of your help to make this LOR's first timer show a success.

Blessings and a merry christmas to all of you,
Champ

LORi P wrote:

Congratulations! It is a great feeling, isn't it? :(

Yeah it definitely is !! I tried to make a video from my iPhone but the audio and video was pretty shotty. Tomorrow I'm going to look around LOR for some tips on capturing video or taking pictures of my display to share.

I look forward to seeing some pictures or video of your display! I just can't seem to get in the mood to shoot any video yet. I'm still hoping for a little snow! :P

Champion Sound Entertainment wrote:

LORi P wrote:
Congratulations! It is a great feeling, isn't it? :P

Yeah it definitely is !! I tried to make a video from my iPhone but the audio and video was pretty shotty. Tomorrow I'm going to look around LOR for some tips on capturing video or taking pictures of my display to share.

Putting this all in a nutshell so to speak.

Videoing a/YOUR display:

Camera settings: As for your videoing your display, this all depends on your camera, you need to go into the settings options and set things in there, this is a trial and error/experimentation area, you may have to continue to reset options until you find the one that works best for your particular camera model, especially in low light situations like with a display.

What to do once you have a video of your display:

To make the best video of your display, you will need a video editing program of some type.

I use an older Magix video editor, you take your video from whatever source you use, load it on your computer, load your editing software, then load your original video in the editor, now save it back out MINUS the audio track, now that you have a SILENT version of your video to work with, Close the current video and don't bother to save the original from the editor software, now load back in the SILENT video you just created, find the song you used for the sequence in the video, lay in (called dubbing) the music and adjust it so that it synches with the video. Now save it all back out and you have a video with a clean and noisefree soundtrack.

But this is how the majority of us do our video. If I tried to even attempt to use the original video footage with the audio intact, it's horrible, camera microphone picks up wind noises, we're in 2 airports flight paths, so get aircraft engine noise, if a car drives by, you'll have their engine or any other noise coming from it, people talking (and I've had people chatting with me as I'm videoing my display), etc. So this is why you need a good video editor that allows you to recreate your original video with a NEW clean, concise soundtrack.

Hope this helps get you on the right track.

BTW: I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be creating a lot of very nice videos of your display.

All my videos here that I created were done in this way:
http://vimeo.com/groups/109696

Good Luck!

Congrats on the display. It is a great feeling to sit back and watch it other then seeing it in pixels on a computer screen. :P Post a video!