Light-O-Rama Forums

My first video at the house for 2011

Guest guest

Well I finally FINISHED this sequence this morning {Sunday 12/18/2011} around 12:30am or so after working on it for about a month and a half. This is a video of my 2011 Christmas Display at the house we've moved back to.

And I think this is by far the best sequence I've done for Christmas, and compared to a lot of my previous ones, definitely the best by far. It still may need a little tweak here and there, but I'm very happy with the way this one came out.

Here's the video on Vimeo:

Christmas Canon Rock by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I really need to go an rework many of my other Christmas sequences to get them closer to what I'e accomplished in this video.

Orville, not bad.. pretty nice for getting set up in the new place... the deer by the garage (right side of the left front of the house, facing from the street) is it on a swivel, or turntable or something? It looks like it sways left & right during the song, or is that just a lighting illusion?

TJ, nope, no swivels, but the male buck is animated with a motor that sways his head left and right, I also put a C7 socket in his nose to make him into a Rudolph and the Doe to the left of the Tabuia tree also is animated with a motor. I plug the motors into a live constantly on powered outlet, so even when the display isn't operating, their heads are still moving back and forth. The other 2 Doe don't move at all, their motors completely broke off and out of them. So they just stand there in the same spot.

Believe me, it was very difficult getting all that up too, I sprained my ankle during the move and climbing ladders and placing the decor really was a pain literally this year.

I wasn't really going to rebuild the display when I found out I had sprained my ankle, but all my neighbors knew how I decorated and were always asking when I was going to get it up. So I bit the bullet and got it all out.

Wasn't really the design or placement I had in mind, seems I lost about 250 extension cords somewhere, somehow, so I had to double up on some of the lights and add C7 or some type of incandescent lights on the end of my LED strings this year to get them to fade properly. Usually they would all be on seperate channels, but lost those extension cords and not having the funds to replace them, had to make the best of it. Took me about 8-9 days to get everything set up as it is.

scubado wrote:

I bet it feels good to spread out again! Looks good.

Yes, it does. Working in that 6' x 60' limitation was a challenge at an apartment, but at least I was able to do Halloween, then Christmas, which ended up back at the yard. So definitely a plus to have all that extra room to add stuff in! :)

Thanks!

wallleyes wrote:

Looks good.You sure do have more room to decorate now.

Thanks Wallleyes! And, yes, I do! And you can sure bet I'm very happy with all the extra space! Now what to start filling all that open area with? LOL

Congrats on the new digs and outstanding sequence. Christmas Canon Rock is probably my favorite TSO piece and you did a great job with it.

Merry Christmas!
Joe

Orville; Sorry to hear about your ankle, hope it gets better soon. Glad you worked through it and got your display up. It looks good and your neighbors should enjoy it too.

• The topic was locked