Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 scheduler

Guest guest

I am using the MP3 Player/show director and I would like to split my songs up for different days my question is how do you have certain shows run only on certain days??? Example

Show 1 run on Monday, Wednesday, Friday only

Show 2 run on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday only

Show 3 run on Sunday only

When you open up the Hardware Utility 1.6.1 and go to the LOR MP3 tab and build a show I don't see how to delete/not run on certain days of the week unless I am looking at it wrong you have to run every show 7 days a week????

I thought about on the days that I didn't want certain shows to run to schedule them to run at 11:58 start and 11:59 end time but if I do this then it is still going to run a complete show cycle at least once correct???

Someone tell me what I am missing????

In the regular show scheduler (if you were running your show using a PC) I can see where you could do this but i cant figure out how to do this using the MP3 director.

Thanks

m gardner wrote:

I am using the MP3 Player/show director and I would like to split my songs up for different days my question is how do you have certain shows run only on certain days??? Example

Show 1 run on Monday, Wednesday, Friday only

Show 2 run on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday only

Show 3 run on Sunday only

When you open up the Hardware Utility 1.6.1 and go to the LOR MP3 tab and build a show I don't see how to delete/not run on certain days of the week unless I am looking at it wrong you have to run every show 7 days a week????

I thought about on the days that I didn't want certain shows to run to schedule them to run at 11:58 start and 11:59 end time but if I do this then it is still going to run a complete show cycle at least once correct???

Someone tell me what I am missing????

In the regular show scheduler (if you were running your show using a PC) I can see where you could do this but i cant figure out how to do this using the MP3 director.

Thanks

I've thought about this too. The days you didn't want show 1 to run, put your start and end time the same.

Haven't tried it, but it might work.

Dan or John... your thoughts?

Gardner - let me take a shot at this from my interpretation. I have the same controller also:

The scheduler is not as refined as we all need so you have to trick it.

1st - click on schedule and click the days you would like show01 to play. the days you do not want show01 to play run it for 1 minute (ex. start at 4:59 to 5:00 pm) because when you schedule show02 or show03, etc. at the same time, the controller is programmed to play the show with the lowest number.

Once you have your scheduled days for show01 and days you want off (1 minute) then click create show and setup show01.

Then go back and schedule your other days for show02 or show03 (etc.) and do the same thing with the days off for a 1 minute show and then click create setup.

Once you setup your shows - download them onto the SD card.

NOW - here is how I do it - I bought two other SD cards (256MB) I programmed the cards with the show I want and each morning before work I go out and install the card in case I don't get out of work on time. I seems to be a little hastle but until they fix the scheduler and refine it some more - that seems to be much easier than what I listed above. So far my MP3 controller has been great - I'm sure before next year it will be improved.

I hope this helps.

Bill

I didnt think about getting multiple SD cards. The only problem I can see with that is I am planning on being out of town 26-27 but I guess for those days I could just load up all songs and let em roll (being off schedule 2 days is not the end of the world).

I do have another question for the multi card theory why would you need to create multi shows with 1 minute for off days couldnt you just create 1 show to run 7 days for each card since you are swapping the cards out every day???? If you for some reason forgot to swap the cards wouldnt show 01 still run one cycle then go to show 02 even if show 01 is set for 1 minute since show 01 is the lowest number???

I must agree about the MP3 director I am VERY satisfied with it. It has worked 100% flawless so far and has done everything advertised perfectly of coarse all of my LOR equipment has (I wish I could comment on the customer service from LOR but so far this year I havent needed it) AWESOME job Dan.

Next year I plan on getting bigger and would like to try the ELL's.

Thanks

Mike

Mike - the multiple schedules with the one minute was for using only one card.

If you use multiple cards - just setup for seven days your schedule and like you said - if you forget it's not the end of thre world.

I bought the Blue with red stripe SD cards - I bought mine at Circuit City - seemed to be the cheapest.

Bill

Bill Jr. wrote:

Mike - the multiple schedules with the one minute was for using only one card.

If you use multiple cards - just setup for seven days your schedule and like you said - if you forget it's not the end of thre world.

Sorry I must have missed that part. It makes more sense now. I think I am going to try the multi card system I need to go to Fry's tonight for other things anyway.

Thanks for the tip

mountainwxman wrote:

I've thought about this too. The days you didn't want show 1 to run, put your start and end time the same.

Haven't tried it, but it might work.

Dan or John... your thoughts?

This was the plan, unfortunately, it didn't make it into the 2.0 DC-MP3 firmware.

I think you could put a silghtly over a minute animation that does nothing at the start of each of your shows. That way you could schedule a show you don't want to run on a particular day for one minute outside the actual show time.

John

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that once a "show" started it had to finish???? If I am correct in saying this then even if you put a 1 minute animation in the front of every show and scheduled a finish time of 1 minute after the start time then it would still run the whole show including the 1 minute animation correct???? I know that currently my show ends every night with my last song (#9 of 9 songs)of the show and it is approx 10 minutes after the scheduled shut down time. Is this correct???

Thanks

Mike, when your show is over say at 10:00 pm - whatever song is playing will finish and the controller will shut down.

It does NOT matter if you are in the middle of a show once that time has passed it will finish the current song and shut down.

I have my program shut down at 10 pm every night which is 10 minutes into a 42 minute seqment.

If that is confusing - let me know.

Bill

m gardner wrote:

John

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that once a "show" started it had to finish???? If I am correct in saying this then even if you put a 1 minute animation in the front of every show and scheduled a finish time of 1 minute after the start time then it would still run the whole show including the 1 minute animation correct???? I know that currently my show ends every night with my last song (#9 of 9 songs)of the show and it is approx 10 minutes after the scheduled shut down time. Is this correct???

Thanks

The show player in the DC-MP3 behaves like the PC show player when the end of the show period is reached: If a musical sequence is playing, it is allowed to complete; if an animation sequence is running it is cut off.