Light-O-Rama Forums

Going to be on City TV Toronto (kind of a big deal!)

ace_master

My display is going to be featured on City TV's Breakfast Television on Monday morning (Big TV station in Toronto). The producer himself actually came by last week and told me that if I got some good footage of my display to send it in and they would air it... I was waiting for some snow to come before recording everything... But tonight, while I was at work I received a phone call from someone at home saying City TV was at my house filming my display, and that they were on their way to my work for an interview... Boss said I could go home for 20 mins to do the video in front of the display. I was certainly not prepared for an interview, so there was a little stuttering, and probably some stupid looks, haha, but I think it went well.

Anyways... here's a few videos of my display... there are 72 strings of ICICLE lights alone... just to give you an idea of the actual size of the house.

My display also consists of a 2 arch CCR, a complex 16 cane pinwheel, multiple large trees you can't see in the video, and various other small items not visible. (there are about 160 channels in the display, not including the CCR).

Please let me know what you think.

Christmas Vacation Intro

Winter Wonderland Techno

Appalachian Snowfall

Great job. Love the Santa and Reindeer. How about some info on them and some day time shots. What, how lit, size how attached etc.

Great job. Love the Santa and Reindeer. How about some info on them and some day time shots. What, how lit, size how attached etc.

I actually had the frames made by WireFrameDLites. I had them made larger, and did a custom design off the item he has posted on his site. Of coarse, they came without any lights on them, and it ended up taking about 25 feet of rope light for each deer (and about 2 1/2 hours of my time per frame, I must add). It worked out to be a fairly expensive project in the end, but the wow factor in person is great. Everyone asks about them, and how I got them 25 feet up in the air...

I had someone install some eye bolts up in the tree and hook a pulley with a cable on. I gave myself enough slack at each end that I can completely lower the entire thing to the ground, and pull it back up again whenever I want. The entire things weighs about 150 lbs by rough estimate.

I have pics, but they are not on this computer, I'll see if I can get them up later.

Love the deer and sleigh.I was planning on doing the flying deer for next year.Makes me consider the wire frame ropelight style now.Great job with this.

• 8 months later...

I actually had the frames made by WireFrameDLites. I had them made larger, and did a custom design off the item he has posted on his site. Of coarse, they came without any lights on them, and it ended up taking about 25 feet of rope light for each deer (and about 2 1/2 hours of my time per frame, I must add). It worked out to be a fairly expensive project in the end, but the wow factor in person is great. Everyone asks about them, and how I got them 25 feet up in the air...

I had someone install some eye bolts up in the tree and hook a pulley with a cable on. I gave myself enough slack at each end that I can completely lower the entire thing to the ground, and pull it back up again whenever I want. The entire things weighs about 150 lbs by rough estimate.

I have pics, but they are not on this computer, I'll see if I can get them up later.

I have my deer on order from christmas-leds.com.Each deer is 6 1/2 foot long.They will be shooting up to a 30 foot pole.

wow I was reading this thread and was like wow thats a good excuse to set up early,then I saw the date

• The topic was locked